Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

The Van Nuys Cruising Association announced today that back by popular demand, cruising will return to Van Nuys Blvd on Wednesday, June 10th....8:00 pm and on......
    They are asking no drugs and alcohol, no light to light runs, burn-outs, open headers or illegal activities in an effort to keep things cool with law enforcement.
    Tell all of your friends and club members....

2. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

This is going to be interesting... Last time I went down Van Nuys blvd south of Sherman Way it didnt look too pleasing..

3. Weasel

Weasel

It won't take the cops long to shut that one down again....

4. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

The cruise route has been shortened to between Victory Blvd and Burbank Blvd.......

5. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Where is groucho....

6. I'm right here getting THIS ready for THAT:D

[​IMG]

7. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

8. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

I,m out in july i,ll be there...........

9. tanman

tanman

Im down to go!!

10. Eryk

Eryk

I'll be there. Where are we meeting? I guess since the cruise strip is limited, we'll all see each other there. I'll be in the Olds.:)

11. maybe ill see you guys out there..haven't went cruising down the blvd in a long time

12. elrobo818

elrobo818

IM THERE....

did anyone make flyers for this already?

13. Not yet

Maybe V.N. and Burbank. The idea of the abbreviated route is so we don't get so spread out, making it appear like a waste of time. I've got good response on a few other boards. Flyers passed out @ Bob's and the 2 west valley cruise spots should help. There's also a 1st time "thing" at a burger joint in Simi next Weds. that should be painted with flyers too.

14. Cruising Van Nuys......can you really go home again? Hopefully, the boneheads will stay away and not screw it up for you guys.

15. Not sure who put this togerther but Great job! I havent cruised VN since mid 70s...NOW someone damn well better post pics,if its like the old days LAPD Helo will give ya enough light ..........

16. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Eryk, make sure you get those Los Boulevardos together and take some photos cruising Van Nuys! Wish I lived out there.

17. VonKool13

VonKool13

That sounds bitchin. Going to roll out.

18. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

I was there on Van Nuys Blvd on a Wed in 1976 with my brother in his '73 Chevy custom van. Being from a small Canadian town at that time, we were very happy seeing all the hotrods/customs/vans/lowriders/etc. cruising on one street!
    I do hope it does well, but I do think you will get a lot of tuner kids wanting to do "fast and furious" movie stuff with their tuner cars.

19. cretin

cretin

Interesting. I'll have to check this one out.

20. Searcher

Searcher

I just had a picture ( memory ) of VN blvd pop up in my head. I remember people having lawn chairs on the side walks, and the chairs were those old style ( traditional ? ) aluminum folding ones with the criss crossed vinyl that everybody used to have.
    I also remember stuff made of aluminum was a big deal back then... :D

21. Searcher

Searcher

Hey Groucho, what hamburger joint in Simi on Wednesdays ?

22. Damn.. Its been a loooooong time since i got a ticket on.... Ummmmm.. I mean... Cruised van nuys.. What the hell... I'm in

23. Hopefully the import garbage won't screw it up. Too bad I go to school on weeknights. :mad:

24. Well, those kids won't hear about it on these boards. "IF" they start to come around, we'll have to invite them to leave and start their own thing somewhere else.

25. Bangkok Dean

Bangkok Dean

I would just tell them that it is an AARP event.

26. I'm glad to see Cruisin' is back someplace, it used to be a right of passage for teenagers in our town (Mooney Blvd.) kids would come from all around and clog the street, but if you did not want to be there you just went around. then they banned it about 10-15 years ago. It was fun and harmless, I think they have taken something away from the youth of today.

27. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

sounds interesting. i'll have to check it out.

28. knuckelhead

knuckelhead
    from socal

29. I've been trying to reach the Van Nuys Cruising Association for 2 days and finally got thru. Apparently their phone lines have been unable to handle the load of calls. They did say we're a go and they expect an excellent turnout. I'm in!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.