Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Modified Roadster from scratch quickie update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retroridesbyrich, Apr 14, 2009.

1. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

I've been getting a lot of small, but crucial things done and I'm very close to getting the car on the ground. Got a bunch of parts in for the suspension, heim joints, clevis, springs etc.

Did some tube work on the front of the frame for the spring perch, made the rear spring perch, mounted the engine, mounted the seat, etc. etc.
    Wheels are on their way, as are tires. Picked up the DOM tubing and cut it it to length to make the radius rods and I'll be tapping them today and maybe bending them, but first I have to get going on repairing crash damage on a friend's vintage racing series NASCAR type modified.

Still looking for front brakes, but might be able to scare some up this week. I anticipate getting this on the ground by next week, in which case I'll be able to roll it out and do a bunch of photos.

Attached Files:

2. raven

raven

Real nice.
    Need more pics.
    r

3. Lookin' good. I like the style and lines. But please tell me you're not gonna' use that ugly Ford OHC engine!!! You've been hangin' around the dirt tracks with the 4 cylinder guys. I also bet you have a bunch od speed equipment for it!!

4. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Yes, I'm using the 2300, but with 2 Weber sidedrafts poking through the hood; this car is being built on a budget. But no, I don't hang around 4 cylinder racers, Modifieds, yes, mini stock no! (not that there's anything wrong with that.:D)

5. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Coming maybe later this week.

6. Please don't take me too seriously!! I'm a known ball buster. Actually, hanging around the mini-stock guys isn't too bad. I've learned a bunch from them (mostly about cheating!!).

7. sota

sota

The 2.3 with the webers going out the hood side will be great ! You may consider the exhaust / header coming out the other side. This will give the car an Offy look without the offy price tag. Keep up the great job!!!

8. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

That's exactly what I'm doing.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009