Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P HAMBANDY (Andy Dunn)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Mar 17, 2009.

1. movingviolation

movingviolation

On behalf of the Dunn family and with a heavy heart that i must tell you that HAMBANDY has left us today. This past weekend Andy asked leave the hospital and go home. And with his family at his side he peacefully passed for a better life.

Andy fought chordoma for 3 years and was adopted by the HAMB members and quickly became HAMBANDY. In those 3 years he became friends with many people here, some cruised him while in hospital in the States...others he visited at their shops. He was taken to car shows and toured places with HAMB'rs that most of us would only wish to see. Andy as said in an earlier post became a legend. And you reached out to him with cards, letters, gifts, parts and money for the once in a lifetime build of HAMBANDYs model A. This brought people from around the world together to become friends and help Andy. A project that Andys family will be forever thankful for. It renewed faith in mankind for many of us.

You could always count on Andy to tell you something about Hot Rods that you didnt know and this past week while watching American Graffitti he said to his dad that he would have loved to live back in the day that the movie portraid. He also was quick to tell you real hot rods dont have valve covers or to crack you a quick grin or smile. Andy was the real meaning of Hot Rodding in our town and i feel this site.

Andys fight with chordoma never got him down, he never complained about being sick and always put on a brave face when "the boys" were around. He gave you a true appreciation of life and what it really means.

On behalf of the Dunns i would like to thank you all for being a friend to Andy. He would spend hours here lurking to see who was doing what and to dream your dreams of Hot Rodding. This friendship was priceless to Andy and his family.

As i get information on Andys funeral i will edit and update this post.

Regards

Leon House

http://www.inmemoriam.ca/announcement-15878-Andrew-Roger-Boyd-Paul-Dunn.html

Andrew Roger Boyd Paul Dunn
    (February 8, 1995 - March 17, 2009). Passed away peacefully in the arms of his family on March 17, 2009, age 14 years. Leaving behind his loving parents Rosanne and Chris and big brother Matt. Left with cherished memories are grandparents Margaret and Boyd Baker, Ruby and Paul Dunn; great-grandmother Mary Randell; uncles Bob (Gail), Roger, Tony (Glenda) and special cousins Robyn and Bobby. Also left with special memories are a large group of friends and relatives. He joins in heaven his great-grandfather Pearce Randell. In his short life Andrew became an inspiration to many who knew and loved him. He was always generous with kindness and consideration of everyone. He was the proud recipient of Scouts Canada Jack Cornwell Decoration for bravery and courage. Andy was a HAMB member and was thrilled to be given his own hotrod by his HAMB friends. He loved the outdoors and spent his best days there with Dad, honourary Uncle Don and friend Josh. Andrew will be greatly missed. Resting at Barrett’s Funeral Home, 73 Commonwealth Avenue, Mount Pearl from 7-9 p.m. on Wednesday and from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. on Thursday. Funeral Mass will be celebrated from St. Edward’s Parish, Kelligrews at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, March 20, 2009 with interment to follow at St. Edward’s Cemetery. Flowers are gratefully accepted or donations in Andrew’s memory can be made to the Janeway Foundation or the Canadian Cancer Society. Please visit www.barretts.ca to sign the memorial guest book.

"When Tomorrow Starts Without Me When tomorrow starts without me, And I’m not there to see, If the sun should rise and find your eyes All filled with tears for me. I wish so much you wouldn’t cry The way you did today, While thinking of the many things We didn’t get to say. I know how much you love me, As much as I love you. And each time that you think of me, I know you’ll miss me too. But when tomorrow starts without me, Please try to understand, That an angel came and called -David M. Romano"

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. monsterflake

monsterflake

how awful...:(

let's see some pics of andy having fun, that's gotta help a little...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Sprout

Sprout

Gods speed, RIP Andy you will be missed.

4. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

May he be three days in Heaven before the devil knows he's dead.

RIP.

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

:(RIP Andy
    jeez....:(

6. studematt

studematt

Wow that sucks. Best regards to his family.

7. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

8. Man that hurts.

9. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

So sorry to hear this.

Norton

10. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Awww damn. I'd always had hope that he was going to kick his disease in the ass. My condolences to his family and everyone he touched in his short life.
    RIP, HAMBAndy.

11. Rest in peace Andy :(:(

Bryan

12. sad news.
    R.I.P. Andy.
    Al.

13. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I'm lost for words.Godspeed youngman, speak to the Great Hot Rodders of the past for us will you and tell them you are one of them too.

Nick.

14. Man, this is a real bummer..... He was the Hamb's 1st son. I'll miss him a lot!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  15. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Aw man, that's the Hamb's little buddy. :( I'm so saddened to hear this. RIP to Andy and godspeed to the Dunn family.

16. Gerg

Gerg

Rip hambandy

17. So sorry to hear this and hopefully his family can drive around in that really nice model A and always know that Andy is with them in spirit. Will raise one this weekend in honor of him.

18. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

R.I.P.

This news realy sucks, Its always hard when someone so young dies.

19. BBobb

BBobb

Walk in eternal peace and god bless

20. grouchy

grouchy

Sorry to hear this, my thoughts a prayers go out to his family and friends...

21. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

hard to believe...I felt like I knew him..never did, was sure looking forward to it someday. Terrible news...just terrible

22. Rikster

Rikster

That is really sad news

R.I.P. Andy

My thoughts go out to his family and friends

23. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

I'm new here but i did read up on his story. My condolences to his family. :(

24. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Rip andy

B:(B

25. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

RIP Andy. You have touched the hearts of so may with your positive attitude and courage. We will never forget you.

26. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Sad, sad news.
    My condolences to Andy's family.

27. Go and be with God.

28. Rest in Peace Andy.

My wifes and my heart goes out to his family. He will truely be missed by all!!!

29. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

sad news. RIP HAMBANDY!!!