Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tucker Conv. For sale!! Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yule16met, Feb 20, 2009.

1. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

2. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Ludicrous price, not even a Tucker prototype , sorry $5 million ???? Why ?

3. Crazy, never heard of it though. If I was a high dollar buyer, I would need some serious documentation.

4. Mopar34

Mopar34

Got a feeling that who ever owns it will continue to own it for a long, long time. I wouldn't give even $1 million for it in it's current condition.:eek:

Looks more like parts thrown together.

5. 460 willy

460 willy
    from wisconsin

I saw that too, is Egay really the place to sell a $5 mil. car I would hate to see those end of auction fees

6. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

would be really neat if its all true regardless of the price

7. alsancle

alsancle

Guys, this has been on here before, more than once. I'm pretty sure it came out of the Richard Kughn collection a few years ago and is something that was being assembled form pieces and drawings that he had.

These threads seem to come back and back and back.

8. the-rodster

the-rodster

WOW!

What an interesting story.

Rich

9. phukinartie

phukinartie

Where is craig jackson spanky and the boys when you need 'em send up the jack signal !!!

10. woodscavenger

woodscavenger
    from idaho

Who can blame them for trying to hit the lottery! Cool car and history. I remember seeing the movie about the company.

11. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

12. super-six

super-six

I don't think you are going to find any documentation. The auction listing doesn't guarantee anything and the following is part of a thread in the AACA forum, which may or may not be correct:

"Regarding the convertible, the Tucker Club historians have interviewed every designer they could be find and just about every person involved with Tuckers when they were being built. There was never a convertible, even a prototype.
    I rarely say "never-ever," knowing that cars said to have been destroyed occasionally show up alive and well, but in this case I suspect that the experts are right".

13. I want one with a carson top...not into kit cars but that would be one that I would consider...very cool lines and I love the Tuckers anyways...can't blame them for trying to hit one out of the park but for 5 million it should be done and there should be about 100 pix

14. Article on car was in recent Old Cars Weekly www.oldcarsweekly.com and had good write-up on build of it. Don't have article in front of me so not sure if same car on eGay. Should be able to find it on OCW's website.

15. the-rodster

the-rodster

Now I can say that I bid on the one and only Tucker convertible.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  16. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

The car (#57) here was a bunch of parts bought at the Tucker auction .The Tucker family said there was never a rag top prototype . The owner has stories about it being hidden and unknown x employees etc.etc. He has been buying parts for a log time. This has been sounding fishy for many years. Most likely the assembly was started in the "50s, and the convertible top parts are from a Buick.

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

rather interesting story. Lots of "holes" in. My bet is this car will be the demise of Benchmark Classics in Madison, WI. Yes, this keeps popping up on hear, but there is always some news that is worthy of mentioning. What I think is most concerning is the condition of the car. FAR from done and lots of talent will be necessary. They expect to have it done by summer. Good luck with that.

18. rodster I was pullin' for ya...it's amazing what a difference a few zeroes and relocated decimal point can get ya

19. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

whether or not it's true, ya gotta admit it would be a good looking car when done. i'd love to see someone finish it.

20. sawzall

sawzall

Marketing Genius..

21. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

We should all go on there and bid a $500 or so bid, Maybe they'd get the hint.

22. alchemy

alchemy

I'm gonna outbid ya with $501.

23. spooler41

spooler41

It seems to be only semi complete, it's lacking a drivers side 1/4 panel. That may qualify a major discount ,in my book.

..............Jack

24. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

As far as I know, the rear of this body was used to build the convertible. So I guess if this is true, there is no reason wondering if the car was a prototype.
    [​IMG]
    I have also collected some more info and pictures on this and other tuckers here if someone is interested: http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Tucker_48

I guess the one being offered is just as much real deal tucker convertible as these two :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The red one is a fiberglass car based on a Corvair...

25. borndead327

borndead327

only a 500$ dollar deposit at the end of auction?

26. vertible59

vertible59

Did a research paper on Tucker and his car in school. There was NO convertible!

27. zzford

zzford

Wait til I get my stimulus check... that baby is MINE!!!

28. moter

moter

mine should be here soon too!! :D

29. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

These guys are 60 miles from me. They bought a friend's 38 Ford sedan and have been trying to sell it as a 39 coupe for big dollars. I'm not too impressed. The Tucker conv has nice line regardless.

30. moter

moter

I did...:D:D

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=sectiontitle>We're sorry, but benchmarkclassicsllc has declined your Best Offer for US $500.00. </TD></TR><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD>You still have time to make another offer. The listing ends in 19 days 23 hours .</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>