Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Hemi to Ford Flatty Biscuit Motor Mounts (HURST/knock-off)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Abomination

Abomination

Recently, I ran across a guy on eBay named 6carbhemi selling Hemi motor mount adapters that allowed you to bolt one into a Ford frame, using the existing Flathead biscuit mounts.

See pics below. :)

The copy in his ad is also below. Does anybody here know what this "HU_T" company that's "still in business" is? Has anybody ever seen these, or know who this guy is?

Bidding closed today, and it's item number 320331223503 if you want to look at the closed auctions, but the majority of what was in it is here.

Where can I buy these, and more importantly, where can I find this "HU_T" company? Hopefully someone on here will recognize them. FYI, they went for $71.

~Jason

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"UP FOR BID, A REPOP SET OF HU__T ( THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS ) MOTOR MOUNT ADAPTOR FOR EARLY CHRYSLER, DODGE, AND DESOTO HEMIS. THESE MAKE EASY TO PUT AN EARLY HEMI INTO A 28-51 FORDS AND MERCS. DIFFERENT YEARS AND MODELS MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL PARTS FOR INSTALLTION, WHICH I MAKE. THESE ARE FABRICATED BETTER THEN THE ORIGINALS, WITH DOVETAIL CONSTRUCTION FOR A PREFECT PART EVERY TIME, UNLIKE THE OTHER GUYS. THEY COME IN PLANE STEEL RIGHT NOW, BUT IF I GET ENOUGH PEOPLE INTERESTED, I CAN SHIP SOME OUT TO THE CHROME SHOP AND GET A BETER PRICE ON THE CHROME. COMES WITH INSTRUCTIONS, THESE ARE VERY NICE PIECES.I ALSO HAVE THE EARLY MOUNTS FOR NAILHEADS, OLDS, AND CADDY MOTORS. ASK ANY QUESTIONS, SHIPPING EXTRA, FOB CLINTON, MA. 01510. BOX 9X9X5 6 LBS "

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. 73RR

73RR

Try H U R S T for the brand name. I've got an old pair in the shop...If there is a demand I guess I should start the 'dup machine....

...and Hurst hasn't made these for probably 40 years...

3. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

those are HURST...
    keep looking... hard to get your hands on...
    but sometimes they pop up on ebay cheap with a buy it now... so keep looking... I scored a pair for my roadster.

[​IMG]

4. I'll take a set!

5. 31whitey

31whitey

well there ya go.....

6. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

7. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

Dagel no longer makes those mounts. I called several times. They said they had a problem with getting the parts laser cut and would no longer make them.

8. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Gee...I wonder where HURST had theirs "Laser cut" back in the day?
    I swear some of these companies have never even heard of a cutting torch...

Besty34 likes this.
  9. mcbay

mcbay

Here are a couple of original Hurst sets, one earlier "New Adjusta-Torque" and one later in the box.
    These face forward as apposed to the ones made by Chassis Engineering that are tighter to the block and are 90 degrees to the center line. The CE ones are available in several offsets and are actually better made than these. These do have a higher Cool rating.

Attached Files:

10. get me the prints and ill laser cut them.

11. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

will these work for mounting a 241 to a 32 frame? If so I would buy a set also.

12. George

George

Your 241 has ears?

13. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

no ears mounts from the bottom of the water pump housing.

14. Abomination

Abomination

These are awesome!

Someone should POST the prints. Can anybody throw a set into a scanner for us beside a ruler? You know, do it so all the pieces could be reproduced from that. Maybe some of these guys could get the ball rolling CHEAPER than the other companies. Hell, if they sold all the pieces of the mount pre-cut as a "U-Weld-It" set, folks would even buy 'em that way.

I'm wanting this 331 in my F2, and THIS seems the easiest way. HELL HES there's a demand for 'em... and I'll bet HotHemiHeads would even buy a few to keep in stock, as well as several other places, like PAW and maybe Speedway (not sure about the latter - a touchy subject of late).

Personally, I don't care WHERE they come from, but I do know that if it comes from someone on the HAMB that most everyone on here wouldn't sell anything to anybody else on here that sucked, or that you wouldn't run yourselves.

~Jason

15. Abomination

Abomination

These will mount a Hemi in place of an 8BA/8RT, right?

Just making sure I'm not crazy here...

~Jason

16. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

We have made some similar to the CE units. Send us the drawings, or a set, and we can gear up to produce them.

17. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Has everyone seen the mounts that BASS made for his Hemi coupe? Speedway has Hemi mounts. I know a guy in Oklahoma that builds lots of Hemi mounts, they look exactly like Speedway mounts. ??

Lucky667

18. Abomination

Abomination

If I can find a set (Jeez... more like "if I can AFFORD a set" - $70 may as well be $10k to me), I'll get as many pictures and drawings as I can. Hell, I'll post 'em for free, then you ALL can gear up to make 'em!

Well, with improvements of your own individual designs, of course. :)

There are several toaster companies selling toasters, but as we all know, only a few quality ones!

~Jason

19. Abomination

Abomination

Post us some links!

Are they like these, which allow an early Hemi to pretty much bolt in, in place of a flatty in a Ford chassis?

~Jason

20. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

The Bass Coupe Build is in the 'Tech Archives'. I just checked Speedway and couldn't find the mounts, I'll check with the motor mount builder in Oklahoma and ask if he wants his # posted.

Lucky667

21. Abomination

Abomination

22. Abomination

Abomination

FYI, here's scootermcrad's take on Speedway vs Chassis Engineering's biscuits - the Chassis Engineering ones are WAY better:

[​IMG]

23. Abomination

Abomination

24. Abomination

Abomination

Can anyone post a picture and some measurements?

Anybody got a set you'd like to let me borrow so I can get drawings made? Better yet, can anyone with a set that knows someone who can make CAD drawings of these for a beer post 'em, or email 'em to some of us?

~Jason

25. Abomination

Abomination

26. 39delux

39delux

I sold a pair of those Hurst mounts to another HAMBer a while back. They used standard Ford biscuits and mounted the 331,354,392 into a 28-48 frame. I had a 331 in a '47 coupe for 21 years on those mounts.

Tom

27. Abomination

Abomination

Is it much of a stretch to modify 'em for post-'48 pickup?

~Jason

28. 73RR

73RR

How much difference is there between the stock engine mounts for pre-48 and 48 up???? elevation ? angle ? distance ?

A re-pop of the pre-48 may or may not accomodate the changes. All depends on the amount of change. If someone has info on the phord dimensions then we can compare to the Hurst part and decide if 'we' need one mount or two...

29. BigJim394

BigJim394

I'm pretty sure Billy Belmont (at Belmonts Rod & Custom, tel 781-326-9599) sells nice reproductions of the original Hurst Mount. Its hard to tell without actually looking at and handling the ones from ebay, but the ones Belmont has look beefier and better made. If you have a copy of Hemmings he has one of the first ads in Racing and High Performance parts, and he lists the repro Hurst mounts he has in stock. I believe he now has the early Olds Rocket mounts too.

30. Abomination

Abomination

To get the ball rolling on an answer, I've posted your question on the main board: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3510811

~Jason