Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T ..Leave it to Beaver ...Wally,s Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Nov 28, 2008.

1. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

This is the episode when Wally buys a car for $25 dollars. The car needs alot of work on it, so he starts to take it all apart. Ward gets mad & tells Wally to get rid of it. He decides to sell it for parts & makes alot more money that the $25.00 bucks he paid for it.

Ward in the meantime has made arrangement to have the car towed away. When the man shows up to pick it up he says one of the funniest lines.

"It Looks Like A Fish Thats Been Boned!!"

This is a great show and 32 roadster... too bad I cannot find a short clip to post

chryslerfan55 and 65pacecar like this.
  2. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

thats my favorite episode! was just on the other night.

65pacecar likes this.
  3. Was it a 32? I thought it was a 39 or 40 Ford convertable.I still laugh at the "Ward you were a little hard on the Beaver last night" line.

SS327 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

5. June and Ward had a code for having sex...they used to say they were gonna do laundry tonight...Ward comes home and asks if they are doing laundry tonight and June says sure right after I help the Beaver with his homework...later that evening she comes up and finds Ward fast asleep and she nudges him and says Ward I thought you wanted to do some laundry and he replies: "I did it already...it was a small load so I did it by hand"

D-Russ, Ralphies54 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

7. And Beaver says: Takes one to know one

8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Lumpy had a 40 convert

9. Yup pretty sure you're correct about the year. And yes I think Ward took Wally shopping the next week, for a car and ended up getting a '53 or '54 Chevy convertible - looked rough but ran good. A pretty good show, notice how Ward drove a Ford at first, then switched to MOPARs? And remember Lumpy's '40 Ford convertible?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

159. Season 5, Ep 3: Wally's Car7.6 ReviewsFor $25, Wally buys a car and signs a contract with the owner knowing full well what he's getting, a car that doesn't start. Wally quickly finds himself with more trouble then he bargained for when the lemon becomes a fixture in front of the Cleaver home.

Aired: 10/14/1961

11. I'm flashing on an episode where I think Wally had a '53 or '54 Chevy and Lumpy had what I think was a '36 Ford convertible. Lumpy and Wally were always arguing, of course, about whose car was the best. Lumpy rigged up a "car bomb" on Wally's Chevy and had a good laugh when it went off with lots of whistling and smoke, causing Wally a great deal of embarrasment, dismay and consternation. And somehow it damages Wally's radiator.

So Eddie Haskell (God love him!) convinces Wally that they need to exact some sort of revenge on Lumpy. Lumpy's always bragging about how fast his '36 is so they decide to slow him down a bit with a length of heavy chain that Wally knows his dad has in the garage. They sneak over and loop one end of the chain around a tree trunk and the other end around the rear axle of the '36, backed into the Rutherford's driveway.

Before long Lumpy comes out of the house to go to band practice, hopping into his car with the top down and his tuba either in the passenger seat or maybe in the rumble seat. He fires the car up, puts it in gear, blips the gas and steps off the clutch to make a quick exit. Eddie and Wally are hiding in the bushes, watching the scene unfold and grinning ear to ear. At least until the chain snaps tight, followed by a crashing noise and the sound of screeching metal. The next scene shows Wally's '36, front end in the street, ass end dead flat on the driveway, the axle assembly with torque tube and wheels and tires still attached laid out behind it. Lumpy, on the verge of tears, raises up in the driver's seat and turns toward the camera, crying out, "Daaaaadddy!" Wally and Eddie make a hasty retreat. And then, cut to commercial, I think.

After the break, Lumpy and his dad are surveying the damage. While inspecting the chain, Mr. Rutherford notices that Ward Cleaver has stamped his name or initials into the hook on the end. So they soon figure out who the culprit is and confront Ward, Wally and Eddie. Wally confesses and Ward decides that the appropriate punishment would be for Eddie and Wally to fix Lumpy's car. We next see the boys in the Rutherford's driveway, covered in grease, bolting the axle back into place. Lumpy's supervising the job, of course, with a smug look on his face while enjoying a cold glass of lemonade. Lumpy's dad comes out to see how the job is going (and to probably gloat a little himself) and Wally and Eddie apologize for the trouble they caused and explain that they never intended to do so much damage to Lumpy's car. And that they were only trying to get even with Lumpy for putting the car bomb on Wally's car and damaging his radiator.

Well when Mr. Rutherford hears this, and Lumpy can't deny it, he decides his son is just as much to blame for his problems as anyone, and Lumpy ends up having to roll up his sleeves and help Wally and Eddie finish the job. I think he had to pay to get Wally's radiator fixed too! And justice is served, sitcom style.

12. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

not to change the subject,but Greg Brady had a 56 chevy convertible :D

65pacecar likes this.
  13. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

greg brady had to have that hair though... not a fai tradeoff! ;0)

65pacecar likes this.
  14. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

pretty sure it was a 40 convert,but what the heck same outcome.:D

15. super-six

super-six

Lumpy had a '40 Ford convertible, Eddie had a '40 Chevy 4-dr sedan, and Wally had a rare '53 Chevy 210 convertible. The '53 was shown once in an un-related earlier episode and was a different color at that time. There was an article in Old Cars Weekly a few years ago about tracking down Lumpy's '40 Ford. At that time, the trail was lost.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
    65pacecar likes this.
  16. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

If you look very close, the banjo rear they tear out of the '40 convert is chromed along with the radius rods. OMG. Just saw that episode the other day. The '40 looks stock, but has had the door handles shaved. Just some more worhtless trivia!

17. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Tommy Ivo made at least one appearance on the show. Not as himself but as a B.M.O.C. type who was president of a school club or something like that. The episode centered on Wally wanting to join the club, I think.

Lumpy's '40 was sweet.

18. Muttley

Muttley

19. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

I used to watch it. They were always calling lumpys car a jalopy but I bet now it would be worth more than any of the other cars on the show

20. Harms Way

Harms Way

MO_JUNK likes this.
  21. Harms Way

Harms Way

22. Harms Way

Harms Way

And a cool shot from More American Graffiti,....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. I love all those first car episodes, every show that had a teenage son had one of them.
    Greg Brady buys a running 57 chevy convertable for 100 bucks and then ends up selling it to a junk dealer for 50 after it breaks down. wish I were that junk dealer. How smart Mike Brady for letting that one get away.

24. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

25. With his profits Greg treated all of his brothers and Dad to a perm at the local salon

26. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Leave it to Beaver had a few car related shows from new cars (for that time!) to old jalopy or Hot Rods, some cool stuff.
    Does anyone know anything about the "My Three Sons" Pontiac Rod?
    I remember seeing it at the "Cars of the Stars" in Buena Park, Ca. back in the late 60's early 70's.

27. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I remember that episode, He talks about putting "Rally Stripes" on it :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  28. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Harms way, those Leave it to Beaver pics you posted are awesome !

Looks like that 40 Convert was lowered ?

29. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Any one got any pics of the episode from 'The many loves of Dobie Gillis' when Dobie goes drag racing to impress a girl?

From memory he ran a nice 32 roadster?

30. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

I think the my 3 sons car was a 39 chevy coupe with the top lopped off and bobbed fenders. I saw it at cars of the starts also.