Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods what can you tell me about "Wheel Vintique"?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Rigg Fink, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Im looking to have a full set of steel wheels made for my A project..is Wheel Vintique a vendor? will they make a set of wheels or is it only what they have on the shelf?
    any good or bad experiances with them?
    thanks

2. Fast55097

Fast55097
    from S.A. TX

Yes, they will make you wheels. I have two pairs of reverse ford wheels I use for slicks and street tires for my 55. They were a bit pricey by the time I had them shipped. around 350 for the pair a couple years ago. Great wheels though! If you want some steelies custom built, these are the guys!

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

thanks Fast55097..im not really lookin for nothing odd or special

15X4.5 with ford pattern 5 on 4.5 B.P. for the front
    and 15X 7.5 same pattern rear probably a 3.5 back spacing..
    primer ..unless they can match a GM paint code.
    just lookin for a ball park price..

maybe I should just go to the junk yard and pull 4 ford 7.5" wheels and have the other 2 made up to go on the front.

4. Don't really care for them. Wheelsmith,in Santa Ana,Calif. is a much better shop to deal with. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

5. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thanks BB..you think they would take used and make what I want out of them? or they only sell new?

6. Wheel is ok but I gotta agree with BB....always done me right

7. Fast55097

Fast55097
    from S.A. TX

maybe I should just go to the junk yard and pull 4 ford 7.5" wheels and have the other 2 made up to go on the front.[/quote]

That's what I did. I used my original 5 inch 55 chevy wheels for the front and had the back ones made.

Sounds like the other guys have a good wheel maker as well...

8. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

I got these chrome reverse wheels from Wheel Vintiques.

Joe treated me very well, no complaints.

Attached Files:

• lm1.jpg
      lm1.jpg
      File size:
      95.4 KB
      Views:
  9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Sounds like the other guys have a good wheel maker as well...[/quote]

yeah..just too far away to be shipping wheels ..probably cost alot for just the shipping.

im just lookin for something to get this project up on its feet, maybe someday in the future i can shell out a grand or 2 for wheels but not at this point. besides an A on ford steels looks good too.

not sure if i will find any 7.5 inch wide steel ford pattern wheels with the right back spacing..but i can afford to shop at the bone yard to get it right. :cool:

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

They look sweet..a set like that built to my specs would be nice..dont even need to be chrome

11. I have had great luck with Wheel Vintiques. Wheels were shipped when promised and were built to my specs. That is all I could ask for.
    Later,
    Dick

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I might give em a call tomorrow and give them a shot at pricing out what im looking for.
    I would like to buy a new set for this car, chances are Im going to be running with them for a while.
    I'll ring them up and see what kind of wallet damage they have in mind and that should tell me what i will need to do.

thanks alot Ya'll

13. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

Wheels of Steel and Wheel Vintique are both good to deal with, I've heard they're brothers, but can't get along with each other.... located on the same street, but at different ends....go figure. I've had good luck with both of them......

14. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

They have a good wheel!!!!!!

15. I ordered a set of steelies from Wheel Vintiques a couple of years ago along with some caps & rings. I assume they came off the shelf but where powder coated to my specs. They shipped them to Florida as promised where I picked them up and brought them back to Canada. The only thing that was a problem was they would not accept credit cards but needed a money order or certified cheque before building. I would use them again.

16. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

They did good for me. (off the shelf stuff)

17. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

I buy my wheel vintique wheels at summit. Best prices I have found and the shipping cant be beat.

18. bkhpah

bkhpah
    from Latrobe PA

I ordered custom offset chrome steelies for my 64 Dodge from Wheel Vintique. Nothing but first class all the way. And the wheels were done faster than they originally told me. No complaints..BKH

19. You can either take them a wheel,ship them a wheel,or just do your homework and tell them what you want and they will make them for you. The rear offset is wrong on the wheels I have have on the rear of my Merc. The guy told me to just bring one of them by and they would make whatever I needed. Can't beat that...

20. Don't misunderstand what I said. I'm not saying Wheel Vintiques is bad,just that I prefer Wheelsmith. The two times I dealt with them,I didn't care for the guy I talked to. Plus,Wheelsmith is local for me.

21. Rally America is cool and they usually give an Alliance member discount and they are good people...I have ordered wheels a couple of times from them...good quality at a good price and good service

22. 567trishop

567trishop
    from Australia

I brought a set of Rally Ones of my goat in 2002, the car has only been washed once but the is a slight rust stain where the rim (so yo caan't get in to clean it) and centre is welded together and they are power coated. I have also never driven it on the road and the car hasn't been outside.

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Understood.

I like to deal with local people too if possible..

that way if you have a problem you dont have far to go when you need to choke the shit out of someone for fucking up:rolleyes::eek:..

24. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

Definitely try the "wheelkid" at www.rallyamerica.com. Cool guy with lots of knowledge between him and his dad.

25. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Ive asked him 3 times..no reply..ya snooze..ya lose

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I know Jimmy (wheelkid) and his Dad Gary personally at Ralley America and I guarantee they will treat you right and give you a Discount.

27. cuomo73

cuomo73

Wheel Smith guys were great to deal with and shipment arrived on time.

28. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

I say try Rally America also... They treated me right on my purchase from them....

29. john walker

john walker

rally america built me custom 8" wide buick skylark wire wheels for my 53. made in america.

30. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I called Wheel Vintiques and they were kind of high so one day while looking at my Summit Racing catalog i seen they sold the Wheel Vintiques wheels and gave them a call got the wheels shipped from California to illinios for 20 bucks and they custom built my 15x5 with the ford 5on 4 1/2 bolt pattern they didnt have em on the shelf and it only took 2 weeks to get them, they treated me good and the finish on them was beautiful.The Chrome was the best i have seen in a long time If its not listed in summit don't hesitate to ask they can order just about anything.