Register now to get rid of these ads!

Will M2 front end W/granada rotors increase track width 2"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38plymouth, Jul 5, 2008.

1. 38plymouth

38plymouth

Searched the site and as far as I can tell the Granada rotors will increase track by 1" per side. Can anybody confirm this. Any other problems that might be encountered???

2. Yup, should make the track width 58"

No real issues, it does increase the scrub radius and can sometimes bee felt as bumpsteer if your wheel offset is excessive or if you run too much positive camber.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

??? I just looked at my Fatman catalog and it mentions Granada rotors or Camaro. it makes no mention of increased track width with mustang II.

I have heard that some brake kits on original spindles increase the width.

of course maybe I'm missing something.

any more details el polacko?

4. Depends on what Camaro rotors too. Earlier Camaro rotors increased the track width even more than the Granada. The S-10 and G body rotor (some third gen Camaro) rotors are 10.5" and narrow the Mustang II track by a half inch or so.

In general disc brake kits will widen the track because of needed clearance for the caliper.

5. 38plymouth

38plymouth

I don't have a Granada rotor in front of me to compare with. I'm assuming the extra width is picked up between the back of the rotor and the surface wheel mount. Or does the inside race stick out further?
    The reason I ask is, in a previous post someone mentioned about having to go with the M2 inner race. Has anybody had to change races one way or another?

6. Mustang II and Granada both use the same bearings and bearing spacing. Likewise just about every other Ford product from the same era does also, car related of course.

The Granada rotor will be closer to the lower control arm and may (should) require you to "ahem" adjust the outer edge of the control arm inboard with a carefully calibrated BFH. And the hub flange on the Granada is farther away, outboard, of the inner bearing and race.

The only rotor currently used is the G-body/S-10 GM pattern rotor. You swap to the Ford style inner race.

7. 38plymouth

38plymouth

Thanks for the input ELpolako...:)

8. art.resi

art.resi

Wheels with 1 inch more backspacing gets you back in the game.