Register now to get rid of these ads!

My dad's 50 Ford. A 35+ year dream!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bull, May 13, 2008.

1. Bull

Bull

I just wanted to put up some pics of my dad's finally finished 50 Business Coupe. This car has been a labor of love for him for over 35 years. He's owned since he was 18 -- long before I was born -- even before he met my mother. It's not exactly HAMB traditional, but it has quite a few traditionally inspired ideas. He's very proud of it and so is the rest of the family.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

Cant see the pixs.

3. Bull

Bull

Fixed the pics.

4. flathead4d

flathead4d

Great Pictures. How about posting them on the shoeboxford.com message board? I know all the guys over there will appreciate them. Excellent custom job.

5. I like the interior alot. The dash looks really kool in there.

Is that a stock height windshield??

6. very cool-dig that color

7. Bull

Bull

Chopped top w/full height windshield and back glass. A 57 Chevy roof skin was used for the top - he wanted to eliminate the bubble in the top.

8. Bull

Bull

The dash is 50 Ford with the 59 Chevy gauge buckets molded in.

9. Bull

Bull

10. drew56cus

drew56cus

Very nice!
    Any chance you know the paint brand and colour code?

11. Bull

Bull

I believe they used PPG paint. It is a stock color found on 98 Ford trucks.

12. jersey fink

jersey fink
    from jersey

13. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Your dad really predicted the trends of the 80's in 1973. :D

14. 50shoe

50shoe

:D :D

15. Looks great! I thought I was the only guy who is STILL working on a car he started at 18....I'm only 25 years into mine, so there is still hope!

16. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

not exactly my cup of tea but everything looks really well done, and that grille is cool!!

17. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i like the back seat in it and the color of the body is nice.

18. OOOOOOO! Bad bumpers!!! It's sad to think that all the other nice work is lost on a Billet/custom.....At least he's happy with the car, and that's all that matters. Disreguard my rant, LOL!!!

19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Cool car,but it is begging for a visor to get that windshield hieght lower in my oppinion............sorry just my .02

20. classicfins

classicfins

The interior is AWESOME! What type of windshield is that? It looks like a late 40's studebaker?

21. different strokes for different folks .. but the dedication to the car puts it over the top.. your dad should be proud.. happy cruisin yall..

22. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

fat ass wide whites and different rims,drop it a bit and hey presto.

23. Bull

Bull

The windshield was bent for him by a company in CA. It is a stock 1-piece replacement for the shoebox Ford.

24. Bull

Bull

I'm trying to talk him into dropping the front another inch or so as well as picking up some steelies with small cal custom rings, spider caps and wide whites to change up the look once in awhile.

25. Bull

Bull

And thanks for the replies. I know its not everyone's cup of tea, but its exactly what he wanted and he drives the hell out of it. Its seen more miles in the rain than sun and has earned a few rock chips in the 4000 miles he's already put on it in less than one full season on the road.

26. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

bull ,the wide whites are going to rock,your dad did a great job and if thats what he wanted for so long ,he should be very proud of that,thats real dedication thats real rodding! nothing like a shoebox

27. Nice car, but would look even better with the wheel changes everyone has suggested. Those wheels are just screaming STREET MACHINE when it's definitely more of a custom.

28. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

It's really neat, but it does kinda look like an 80's build. Those bumpers, they have to go, even if you need to take them off in the middle of the night cuz your dad refuses.

Anyway I really like that rear seat, and the metal work all looks really top notch. Good for your dad for sticking with it.

29. cretin

cretin

It may not be HAMB friendly or my style, but I think it's bad ass that you dad has had that car for so long and finally has it done how he wants it. I hope he enjoys the shit out of that thing for another 35 years.

30. Bull

Bull

Thanks for the compliments . . . and criticism. Really, the only things likely to change are finishing up the grille, maybe dropping the front an inch or so and possibly another wheel & tire set-up to change up the look if he gets bored.