Register now to get rid of these ads!

this car was broken down in my town

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was eating breakfast with my friend and a 32 three window putted by the window and pulled into the gas station. I told my friend a neat old car pulled in the gas station and if it was still there when we were done we should go check it out.

well, it was. A young guy around my age owns it. He's from London and I forgot his name. it wasnt charging for some reason and he was trying to figure it out as we pulled up. I said my name was Paul and believe it or not I own one of these cars too. he said, "you live in santa barbara and own a 32 three window?" I said yes.

"you must be the gooch and you are an asshole" (laughing)
    That's me bro.
    "pleased to meet you, I read that board all the time but never, ever post. You blokes are all tossers."

His car is a total pile of shit. Perfect.
    He even drives around with a fucking bucket of water on the passenger (driver's side here, it's right hand drive) floor board. I asked him what happens if he hits the brakes too hard and he just looked at me. There is also a bed sheet over bare springs for a seat. Nice touch.

It runs smooth though, you can barely hear the thing running. I have no idea what happened to him. He got in and putted down the road looking for a Napa Auto Parts to replace the battery. He was a very funny guy and I didnt know if I should hit him or kiss him.

I know you are reading this, so until next time (in my best John Cleese accent) piss off you fucking cunt. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. kustumizer

kustumizer
    from Alton,NH

wow, what a town when theres hot rods everywere! Very cool car!

3. actually, there are almost none. He's living Orange County. Just passing through.... sorta

4. MoePower

MoePower
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omro, WI

Damn cool car, nothing like that runnin' round here up in the salt belt.

5. He should post, sounds like he would be another welcome crazy bastard to this place...

Greg

6. Sounds like a love connection? [​IMG] Lurkers are creepy...I know several of them. The funny thing is, the ones I know are great guys with lots of car knowledge or art ability. Creepy f*cks. [​IMG]

7. It wasn't Jeff Beck, was it?? [​IMG] [​IMG]Maybe you were in the presence of greatness..........

8. Another bloody Londoner.....I dunno, I move 6000 f*ckin miles away, and I still hear from em..... [​IMG]

So, come on Mr Lurker with the cool car.....who are you? [​IMG] Are you an Executioner on holiday (vacation)? Or are you a recent import who's gonna stay over here in the land of the Hot Rod?

Dave

[​IMG]

9. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

What a story, man! Wonder if he'll intro, someday. Thanks for the tale, Gooch!

10. PFF

PFF
    from UK

Graham........ was it you ?
    Go easy on the Gooch, he aint all bad :)

11. [ QUOTE ]
    He should post, sounds like he would be another welcome crazy bastard to this place...

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> Are we worthy? Is he really worthy? Was it really his car?
    Were you just dreaming Gooch? Did you just make this up?
    Tune in again for more updates of the 'Pommy Guy" with the show quality 32 3W and.....
    will Marcus Rare Mustang Scorer(tm) track him down and swap his Pony Pace Car for it? Yes people, stay tuned, this could get interesting.... [​IMG]
    </font>

12. Rusty

Rusty

That car is sweet. Do you have any more pics?

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Ya know if he's scared he just say he's scared. Tossers my ass. Oh wait that doesn't sound right...

14. LIMEY

LIMEY

"you're all tossers" is actually a sign of affection as we say sometimes when approaching a group of friends " hello you fekkin wankers" normally answered back with " go fuck yourself asshole"
    So who are you limey guy? you lucky bastard driving your car in California......show your face.

15. hey pete, if graham looks like a young Elvis Costello, it was him. He was like an english computer nerd with a really cool car. The passenger side door fit so bad, it may have been simply screwed to the car.... I dont remember. In a strange way, I wouldnt have changed anything. My employee was with me who is also English and he asked me, when we left, if it was normal for hotrodders to travel with a bucket of water and a bed sheet on bare springs. I answered, yes.

32Limey, I dont remember if we are all tossers or wankers... one of the two though. I think I'm both.

the photo is lifted from a bako meet. I knew I saw it before. my phone has a camera but I didnt have it on me.

16. [ QUOTE ]
    "you're all tossers" is actually a sign of affection as we say sometimes when approaching a group of friends " hello you fekkin wankers" normally answered back with " go fuck yourself asshole"
    So who are you limey guy? you lucky bastard driving your car in California......show your face.

[/ QUOTE ]

OI kEV...YOU TOSSER [​IMG]

17. PFF

PFF
    from UK

Gooch

Thats Graham, big hair and glasses, last I heard he was working in a rod shop in LA, hes a top metal man, so its no supprise his own car is screwed together.
    Im back out in October, you got anything for sale ?

Cheers Pete

18. LIMEY

LIMEY

You buy it Pete Then i'll buy from you &amp; i'll sell it to John.
    &amp; Dave you are correct [​IMG] buy the way how are you ya tosser!

19. manyolcars

manyolcars

You say he was "broke down", then you say he drove off. If I could drive my car away, I would not like you saying I was 'broke down'.

20. 4woody

4woody

Hey Gooch-
    Was down there last weekend for the woodie show and thought I might run into you there...but no...I guess next time I ought to say something in advance.

21. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

That's funny! I used to carry my bucket of water hanging on the pass. side door handle. Now'scuse me I have to go toss off. [​IMG] Glenn

22. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I saw that car in the parking lot at the Long Beach swap. Waaaaaaay cool!

23. [ QUOTE ]
    "you must be the gooch and you are an asshole"

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahah that rules.

24. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

So if i were to visit merry ole England one day and the local folks greet me with a'You Yanks are Great' should i be worried about what they meant?LOL

25. LIMEY

LIMEY

NO No No you're welcome here anytime you tosser! [​IMG]

26. Someone help me I thought that fords that were rhd had the door lock cylinders on the left side of the cars as you got out on the side away from the traffic. We had a b-400 that was built over the pond that had the door lock cylinder on the left door not like our cars with it on the right Just wondering.

27. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

That's how they were down here,mainly done for safety reasons i guess.

28. Grumbler

Grumbler

Better to be called a "tosser" than a "catcher" I suppose..........[​IMG]

29. Then would you say that 3 window is not a car from England just an american body put on a RND chassis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.