Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida trophy winners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by soberTOOLman, Mar 23, 2008.

1. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

For those who are curious as to who won what trophy's and i was partially responcible for some organizing of the trophy's here are pictures of the trophy winners and catagories. These are in no specific order and I may miss a few because of not knowing exactly which car got the trophy, so sorry If i miss you.

Best of Show- 1927 Ford RPU, Survivor hot rod
    [​IMG]

Myron's Pic- Dedicated to our fallen brother.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Myron was oogling this car at the Turkey rod run in daytona so it was the only good canidate!

Jive Bomber
    [​IMG]
    If you saw this car in person, you know why.

Best Truck
    [​IMG]
    Wide 5's, awesome flat head, the whole package

Best Custom
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This Merc was perfect, smooth suttle, and clean as can be.

Big Daddy Don Garlits pick
    [​IMG]
    The Green Mamba

Best Wagon
    [​IMG]

Best Flake
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Body Basher- Best body modifications
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ahotrod's new Model A Sedan "Lime Sqeezer" with the body basher award

Best competition car
    [​IMG]
    Don's Swamp Rat VIII in the fore ground and the winner is in the backround with the hemi with 6 two barrels on it.

Best Hot Rod
    [​IMG]

Best Primer
    [​IMG]

Best Ford In A Ford
    [​IMG]

Real Mill- Best engine
    [​IMG]

I dont have pictures of best orphan, best pinstriping, sickest cycle, or best interior. if any of you have pictures of the cars that won the trophy's feel free to post up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

Woohoo. My pictures came in handy!

3. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

great job there brother...cool pics...dave

4. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Our club "Cigar City Flatheads" did the Ford in a Ford award. It was tight and came to a tie breaking club vote. The trophy went to Dale & Sherry West's `40 Coupe pictured here...

[​IMG]

definately I'd like to recognize the `40 Merc that was neck and neck for top honors

[​IMG]

Thanks guys for a couple of great "Thoroughbred" Fords!

5. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

Best primer went to an alliance member, i believe someone said he drove down from indiana, it was an a tudor sedan. there were lots of black cars to choose from, but its hard to tell black primer from flat black paint, so i stuck with identifiable primered cars when i picked the winning car. his car is super nice all the way around IMO. i hope he likes his trophy!

6. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

I think his user name is 29sedanman

7. ModelAHotRod

ModelAHotRod
    from MO

This one maybe?

Attached Files:

8. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Yes, that was me. I got home about two hours ago. 2226 miles round trip. I had a great time and was honored to be picked for best primer. Thanks for the trophy and every one else who had a hand in the show.

I am hitting the bed now. I am froze and exhausted.

9. decayed40

decayed40

the body basher tiki guy award was made by the hambs lockwood customs and painted by the raff man it doubled as a great seat to! cool piece even better in person im sure the winner will enjoy ,nice job guys!!

10. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

Top post updated!

Decayed40, Glenn loves it and still in awe that he won it.

11. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

-----congrats

12. excellent pics congratz all !!

13. Finktim

Finktim

The Lime Squeeze was my favorite car there too. It was just so well down, and very deserving of the award, which was also way-kool! Does anyone have a pick of an orangish kandied tall bodied T that had cobwebbing in the paint? It had a great drag interior, well thought out roll cage imbedded in the door panels, etc. Also had slicks, blue tinted windows? I had already dumped my camera and ran across this car, would love to have some pics of it to add to my photos!

14. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Congrats 29sedanman!!!!!

That must have made the trip worth wile!!

Glad to see you made it there and back OK.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Congrats to everyone. :cool:
    Looks like there was a ton of cool cars at the event and the place looks jam packed. Great job! I'm bummed to have had to miss it.

16. MBL

MBL

[​IMG]

Here is the Real Mill Trophy winner. Dan drives this 1957 DeSoto Hemi powered hot rod all over the place. Now he has to lug around that Tiki carving. :)
    Tim
    MBL

17. mercmaniac

mercmaniac

To all the trophy builders........what quality......what craftsmanship......what a tremendous effort......that was put into each and every one. They were as unique as the cars. I would especially like to thank the SALVAGERS for the best kustom trophy...and the four members I met at the show who built it....great job guys !!!

I had more fun, met more people, made more new friends and saw MY kind of cars in 1 day than at any 3 day event I have ever been to. Thanks Poorboys, outstanding job to the unsung heros !!!

Mike "Mercmaniac" Scheller

18. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I can dig the pics by the judges for sure. Great pics.

19. Congrats Tracy!! Glad you made it there and back safe and sound. That sure was some ignition test? :D

20. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

MBL that carving was wicked. I have a thing for TIKI's myself. I really like your trophy. As for the car you chose well I can't think of any other down there that you could have picked other than mine...LOL.. just kiddin. Your pick was perfect and that carving kicked ass. :D

21. MBL

MBL

Hey...Thanks for the kind words about my Tiki carving. Perhaps the Degenerators will have a tradition of making a carving for each year. That is of course if the powers that be think its OK.

I'm sure none of my cars will ever be in danger of winning anything...but at least I can focus my efforts at recognizing those who do have cars nice enough to win at BilletProof!

If I start now...maybe I can get more than one carved for next year. :) Hell, Glenn deserved another Tiki for that Lime Squeezer! What a car!
    Tim
    MBL

22. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

i am proud and humbled that the degenerators thought enough of my car to give me their award. they have some kickass cars themselves. what a nice bunch of people. that tiki is right at home in my house.
    dan

23. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Congrats on the win and the good trip. The judges must have liked that "Bubbas" ignition system.:D

24. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Pretty cool , both cars driven from Indiana in the weather. 2000 miles round trip.
    Congrats to both!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

tracy,
    those are two fine looking hot rods. i dig driven hot rods! it was nice to meet you,and i'm glad you had a safe and uneventful trip home.
    dan

26. bonesy

bonesy

Great looking Merc - I'm pretty sure I've seen the build picture on the HAMB before, maybe not.

Is the dash covered in leather?

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

Great picking!!!

28. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

No it was painted but what a beautiful car we all agreed to give the car our Kustom award.

29. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

first post updated agian.

squigy I deffinately think you guys made a good choice on the best custom award. I also think the trophy itself was pretty awesome.

30. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

That Merc was just jaw dropping.