Register now to get rid of these ads!

So I rolled out the roadster, '25 Chev update.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy B, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Previous Thread Progress on my 1925 Chev Roadster.

This is where I have been building my roadster
    [​IMG]
    Finally out, free! free! free! I tell ya :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The ol' girl will be 3" lower in the front and 1" lower in the back when finished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bloody Australian '25 Chev Roadster bootlid is smaller than the US bootlid (trunk lid)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Trying to find best location for the bloody steering box
    [​IMG]
    Going to bed :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    agenuinefakeoldvintagephoto
    [​IMG]

Cheers
    Jimmy

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

That's gonna be a neat little car when you get it going.

3. I like the stance its sitting at now. Cool ride.

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Looks like fun. What engine is that?
    Car has nice style.

5. flatoz

flatoz

Your the stuff Jimmy.

good to see, now lets see some progress over the xmas break!!

off the compenuter and into the shed!

you really have got to finish this car, its perfect.

6. Hans

Hans

Thanks.

I have been wondering how this car was progressing.

Looks good.

7. the really cool thing about the car is that the banger already has an over head valve conversion... stock lol
    i like it
    tk

8. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

lookin good!

9. Looking good.

One of the few cars I can't wait to see finished.

10. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Fantastic.

Keep at it, and before you know it it'll be a driver ;)

11. From the jungles of Australia comes...an ultra cool vintage lakes car! I'll be up your way again after Christmas, so maybe...

12. Drop in. :D

This is the alloy dash I'm building this is only a mock up piece I will make another one later out of new alloy sheet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the pic that illustrates what I mean. The front tyres are 6.50-16 I will be running 500/525-16 when done. also the motor and gearbox has no internals at the moment so isn't loading the suspension.
    The body looks a little thin as it doesn't have the door sills and the bottom section of the 1/4 are missing. I will be running a Belly Pan which will add an extra 5-6" then there is the tarp.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And I will be converting these to 18"
    [​IMG]
    My dad is having a bloke at his work bend up the radiator mount which I marked out. It is just too thick for me to bend.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the feedback too.
    Cheers
    Jimmy

13. Neat project, the belly pan will really make it flow.

14. Noland

Noland

nice car,They very hard to find down there?

15. tinmann

tinmann

Green grass? Didn't you get the memo? It's supposed to be winter. It sure as hell is here!! Cool car though. Looking forward to more updates.

16. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Quite easy in fact,Chevy's were very popular in Australia before WW2 and were all bodied here,hence his different trunk lid fit. I needed a new firewall for my '26 and where I was living at the time ,I just had to hop in the car head out town to the nearest Opal mine and there was another whole car free for the taking. I oxy'd the firewall out and left the rest there . Duh... I now wish i had just bought the whole box and dice back home and used the engine in a banger project.....especially after watching Jims progress.
    Old Fords have always been sought after so they won't be found anywhere like you see in the USA.

17. That's an awesome looking '25 you've got there! It looks like she's progressing along nicely, if it looks anything like the illustration it's going to be killer!

18. Stance - Leave the rear alone for the time being, remove some of those front leaves, and if the front drops that 3", you'll be on the dime.

I can imagine that the feeling when you got it outside was a real kick for the enthusiasm, keep at it and you'll be throwing rooster tails in no time.

Cheers, and get back to the shed,

Drewfus;):D

19. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Hurry up!! Lookin awesome Jimmy, been following this one for ages now

20. nexxussian

nexxussian

Very nice.

So Chevies of that vintage are more common there than here? Sounds like another good reason to make it there before I die.

21. Rizhto

Rizhto

Definitely my cup of tea! I have quite a same kind of plans. My project is just in the early stage 'though. This is where I'm about to start.

[​IMG]

Now that you are in the more advanced state, I wonder if you have any good tips in tuning the engine. I'm going to use the two port head. Chevy four information is hard to find in general anyway.

22. Rizhto

Rizhto

O' Jimmy B, do you happened to know if sedan and truck engines have any other differences but the pistons? All my usable blocks seem to be from trucks.

23. thats a cool car ..

24. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Hey, I have one of those and some kid tells me he has the whole back end I can get with the trunklid I need. Mine still has the original 1/4 eliptic suspension parts.

25. Great stuff Jimmy, pure Hotrod!

26. That is a good start Rizhto. I haven't had any experience of tuning these engines, that education is yet to come. Post on the Monthly banger meet and someone should be able to help.

As far as I'm aware they are all the same. Chev T trucks had the 3-port engines which is the same as the FB. '24/'25 and later trucks and cars are the same engine. PM me the engine numbers and or photos and I will try and id.

Get it, they aren't easy to come by. If yours has 1/4 elliptic springs it is a '24. My roadster rear is '24 as it is flat at the bottom of the 1/4s,
    [​IMG]

'25/'26 have a kickup
    [​IMG]

Cheers
    Jimmy

27. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Met one of your Aussie mates in my town today.He has a company called Python Choppers down in Melbourne,Aus.
    your roadster is looking great....

28. That's got a great look to it!

Sam.

29. myke

myke
    from SoCal

That's gonna be a cool car.

30. This is my favorite project on the board,keep at it Jimmy .:D