Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Specials or Road Racing a Hot Rod

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by T2Vracing, Aug 30, 2007.

1. T2Vracing

T2Vracing
    from Arivaca

Hi
    I was a drag racer for years and had a 23T sbc I built in high school. Have been using the archives here for years while working on the Townsend Typhoon restoration. The car was really just a bunch of Rodders in the mid 50's building a glass bodied Tube chassis 371 6 DUCE Hot rod that they streeted and went racing with on the weekends. I used a lot of the Olds engine info and then the AlFin drum data to get the car back on the street and track. Drag Strip won't let me run . but I drive it on the street and vintage race using the orginal crew as often as possible. So I finally decided to join after I got the last project in the shop and started researching the Chuck Manning chassis ( 2.5" tube with pre 47 Ford driveline ) Need to find a road race setup for the beam frontend and a Banjo improved to handle the 354 Cunningham Hemi that the Bob Sorrel bodied stream liner gone west coast racer has( body is from How to build a fiber glass car series ) Anyway.. looking for Hot Rodders that go right and left on drum brakes and straight axles for fun and have taken notes.

2. metalshapes

metalshapes

Welcome to the HAMB T2.

Great to see another Special owner, RoadRace Hot Rod fanatic...