Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Gordons MOKAN thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by G V Gordon, Aug 27, 2007.

1. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

What a weekend.

We left for Joplin in the rain without giving it a single thought. If you have been once you know that the weather cannot stop the good times to be had at the H.A.M.B. Drags.

I want to first off thank the Vagabonds and the Kropdusters for letting the lovely Terry and I hang out with them again this year. Fiddy, Tman, Zman, Louver Dude, Greezy, Breeder and Shana, The guy whos initials I cant remember, sorry RP?, and everyone else.

Chris, Bob K, Sean, enjoyed seeing you fellows again.

The old Poncho made a couple passes down the strip, first time I have been on a dragstrip since 1969. Felt good! Tyler, you didn't beat me too bad, I could still see your taillights! lol

Animal, good to meet you as well. The War Pony was one of my favorites this year. I like oddball stuff.

The trip home was uneventful till I pulled into Enid and the lifters started raising hell. Whipped into an O'Rielly's and I was very low on oil. My oil leaks must be getting worse. Couple quarts of oil and it quited down. Guess the idiot light doesnt work. Maybe it's time to build the 455 I've got in the garage.

Mike Atchley, didn't get to visit with you as much this year but it's always great to see you, I know you were busy with the HambAndy stuff. Tell Sherry we're sorry she couldn't make it.

BendD and family, Thanks for sharing your kids with us again. Chase, keep practicing that striping and Gray, the world needs more good sax players, keep working on it.

And last but not least, thanks to Ryan for introducing me to this place several years ago.

It was a great time. We'll see everyone at next years "family reunion".

GV and Terry

2. Yup, what he said.

3. George, it was good to see you again,

Running against you brought out my best ET for the day, thanks.

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

george and terry...great to finally put a face to the type! you guys are wonderful! and i might ad, george is a dream boat! i mean that in a non gay spooning kind of way of course!:D i am however, sorry you joined up with that "other club"..your goin to age rapidly now!:eek: :p nah....the vagabonds are the coolest folks on the planet! hands down!
    but i still think me and trent have it all worked out....were goin to combine our powers and become the vagdusters!...ohh...so many drunkin funny memorys! thank the LORD for photos so i can remember them!:eek:

5. We were drunk?

6. George, it was good seeing you and Terry again. Maybe one of these days we can actually line up in our tudors.

Breeder, it was good finally meeting you too. Kinda scary too, but in a strangley exciting way.

7. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Todd, i saw on another thread where you wanted a nickle for everytime someone asked how a guy like you ended up with someone like Shana... I think I owe you a dollar at least! Great to finally meet you as well.

As for being Oklahoma Vagabonds, I don't know if that's official yet, although Fiddy kept trying to show me the "secret" handshake. I kept telling him, "that aint your hand!"

Chris, I'm planning on seeing you Saturday at your show. I need to check the Pontiac over and make sure i didn't hurt it too bad running it low on oil. Didn't see any metalfalke on the dipstick.

8. Good deal. I hope all is well with the Pontiac.

9. atch

atch

george & terry,

although our time together this trip was minimal it was of excellent quality. 'til dewey...

10. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

George, It is one of my families great pleasures to get to hang out with ya'll at shows. Thanks for being there.

The DeLoziers

11. it is official as far as we are concerned! Welcome to the Vagabonds!

12. I tried to get a pic of that, but it was all blurry. :fast:

;)

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

14. George, with the rep the Vagabonds seemingly have folks would never believe we spent time talking mortgage and finance at the strip................really, we did.

15. guiseart

guiseart

Damnitt! There's another one I wanted to meet - we need friggin nametags.

16. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

jesus... we got a REP now?

all because of ONE itty bitty blood bath and some back alley beatings... sheesh

17. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Fiddy, who would'a thought meeting you up in Minnesota, what is it four years ago?, would have led us to so many friends from all over the damned place.

Good luck on the relocation, Maybe we can get up Wisconsin way some time, I could get me one of them cheese hats!

Tell Dawn we missed seeing her this year!

GV and Terry