Register now to get rid of these ads!

My HAMB Drags experience with pics.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greezy, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Greezy

Greezy

The 5th annual HAMB Drags was a success....It was great to finally attend with a running car that was capable of making more than one pass. Although they werent quite what I was expecting but it was a blast. Fridays drive to Mokan was met with a flat front tire about 30 miles from home. Got it fixed and was on my way...ha nothing can stop me now. Well mother nature tried to slow me down with having to run in heavy rain on and off from Lake of the Ozarks all the way to Joplin. Got to the Ramada at fairly reasonable time in the early afternoon. The rest of the day and night was a very soggy affair.

The Friday night feed was a success once again. Even though everyone seemed to be soaked to the bone our spirits werent dampened. It was cool to watch the Thunderbolts assemble their race car. I dont know what the official time on it was but they went from bare chassis to running car in something like 2 hrs, these guys have it down. And when they fired it up holy smoke that gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I think it took them less time to put the car together than it did to get the grills going....:O Everyone whos ever been to the HAMB Drags knows its not just a race event , its a great gathering of friends that just happens to have really kick ass racing with it. With that I thank Marcie, Ryan and their "people" for putting on this great event each year, and thanks to Carl and Mokan Dragway for letting us hold it there.

Heres the Thunderbolts assembling the roadster. It was really cool watching them work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres a few of the Friday Night Feed at the Vagabonds compound.

The hungry masses...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres the master sausage slinger Fiddy Four at work
    [​IMG]
    Three happy customers Jalopy Gal, Breeders Wife, and Julie...I think thats Binder rods daughter...;)
    [​IMG]

I have to apologize to the person who made these because I cant rember his name, I tried to make sure I'd remember it so I could but Im running on sleep from Friday night and it excapes me. But these desk top sculptures are cool as hell.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fatabone

fatabone

Greezy a flat tire has to be better than losing an oil filter! Good to here you had a great trip.

3. Greezy

Greezy

Saturday morning it looked like it was going to be another soggy day but it didnt last long and the sun came out and dried everything up real fast. Some folks were out trying to get their cars dried out from the previous nights deluge, and fired up.

Jay I think I have a similiar pic from last year...
    [​IMG]

Heres the few car pics I have, I got a few pits down and rememberd I was there to race this year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Greezy

Greezy

Junior you were missed at Mokan....yeah the tire sucked just as bad no spare...ooops. Called a friend who was close by and ran me to the tire shop to get it plugged. Friends...you cant have enough of them.

5. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I dont see how but it gets more fun with every year. A couple of my favorite parts of the weekend were shutting down the parking lot with you, sentinalT, and Bobblehead Alex and running that last race with you. That was bad ass. I cant even explain it, i felt like a hero sitting at the starting line next to you even though our cars werent exactly the fastest things there.

6. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

nice pics, thanks

7. We just hit home. Long trip, well worth it.

8. sentinelT

sentinelT

Nick, Greezy, Sentinel and Bobblehead... The official morning farewell crew!

9. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Hey Greezy, great pics I was hoping someone would put up pic's of them assembling that car. You have a real cool "40". Gary

10. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Greezy, nice meeting you this weekend. That's a sweet little coupe you have.

Terry and I had a great time hanging out with you and the rest of the Vagabonds.

Great pics.

GV

11. Greezy

Greezy

G V the pleasure was all mine you and Terry are #1 folks in my book...

Trent and Todd Im glad you made it home ok...who drove?

Nick my little buddy, its always a good time hangin out with you.

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Greezy - it was great to see ya again this year. Love your car, man.

Thanks for the pictures and story!

Malcolm

13. Todd took it til Omaha, I took over until to HiPo hit us witht he spotlight at Chamberlain. WTF? I was doing 78 in a 75, fucker about caused me to crash witht hat thing in my eyes.

14. JayD

JayD

Knuckle and I had a great time........we're already looking forward to next year!!

Malcolm, good talking to you and your crew again. I see that you made it back okay.

Later,

J

Attached Files:

15. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

Damn that looks like fun,wish I was there for all that.

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Great pictures and commentary Greezy. It was GREAT seing you again so soon and having the opportunity to watch you run down the track. I've got a shot of your last race agaist Nick that I'll post once I get home tonight.

The HAMB member that makes the desk top artwork is Gene AKA 50Dodge4x4. COOL stuff for sure. I've got a wonderful collection of his pieces. I was the one lucky enough to win his piece that was offered up in the silent auction. LOVE that dueds work!

17. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

man dial up sucks with all these cool pix!!!!!

18. bobblehead

bobblehead

:cool:

I am starting to think I need a name change.

19. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

Group:
    We at the Scorpion camp want to thank Ryan and every body involved .
    We had a great time and got to make two runs. My last run was 107 mph. Mart Higenbothem was with us, He was a funny car driver in the 60s, Driving one of Mike Burkheart's cars. He said the 392 was banging out on the top end so we put it on the traylor. I never ran past 900 feet but never knew it was bropping cylenders.
    We all had a blast ,my self Don Ross, Paul Adams, Dan (uncle Danel) Evans and Mart Higenbothem. Also helping was Ed Blassengame and Jim Boyd towing the Scorpion to the line and back to pits. Again thanks to all.
    dwrfab Don Ross

20. NoSurf

NoSurf

Troy it was great hanging out with you this weekend. You and your coupe are the cat's ass...

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

no shit rusty...like one pic load per hr!!!! im missin my sat internet bad right now! good hangin with all you guys again...:)

22. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

+1 on the name change to Bobblehead Alex.

What a great time.

Sure wish I would of stayed up till 7:30 like u guys did.

23. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yea, Gene's artwork is amazing... last year at the drags, Gene gave me one of my most prized possessions, a desktop rendering of my willys PU... his stuff is HIGHLY sought after among discerning connoisseurs . . . or something like that :D