Register now to get rid of these ads!

More junk I don't need...Kent Fuller dragster???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Aquired this over the last couple of weeks. Guy I bought it from says it's a Kent fuller car and I tend to believe him but would like to know for sure. Fuller cars are my favorites and I would guess this to be a 63-64 version. Wheelbase is 125". I know the rearend stuff and steering box etc are not original to the car but the front end is and it's nice!
    Any expert opinions out there? I plan on sending pics to Kent Fuller also when I take the time to locate his contact info'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

JUNK??!!?? I wish some of my "running" krap was that KOOL!!! good luck, and keep us posted on the build, that is some smooth shit! I wish I could find "junk" like that!!!!! Ken

3. I also got this Thames panel bodyshell and N.O.S. Cal Automotive doors real cheap.
    [​IMG]

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

PM AV8, Mike Bishop, and send him the link to this thread. Mike and Kent are really good friends and Mike should be able to ID that "junk" for you.:D

5. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Looks just like a Rod Stuckey car i had a few years back .

6. thats awesome right there !

7. dutchtreat

dutchtreat

Looks like the ones built by Ed's speed shop in Aurora Illinois in the 60's.
    I had one for many (too many) years. Hope you do it with a Flathead or a small cid hemi. The one I had set the record at Indy in '62 with a bored and stroked Red Ram Dodge hemi. I ran a SB Ford and with the C-4 trans setup I put in the car, almost pulled the SB Ford and ran a flathead. Wish I had now instead of selling the car--but hay hind sight is always 20/20
    John

8. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

Kev ask Lee Schelin at Standard 1320 he is long time friends with Kent. By the way what is the wheel base? Joe [email protected]

9. I think you should sell it to me or trade for a 40 merc coupe.

10. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

Got the wheel base..... it was off my screen. And I think you are close on the year.

11. racer756

racer756

Too cool.
    Kev, I would sell if I was you... These cars carry a horrible disease, one that is uncureable.

great find
    Don

12. 2manybillz

2manybillz

I wonder what the thinking was on the shoulder hoop "joint". I think I don't like it.
    I'll be interested to see what Mike Bishop has to say.

13. Andamo

Andamo

I'll bet it's the same on the lower joint also. Those are long lengths of tubing and they have to start and stop somewhere.

14. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

Denise; Mikes "handle" is "aV8"; just in case anyone doesn't get through.

BTW - How ya keepin'??

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm keepin good......really looking forward to August;)

and just in case you were wondering, the HAMB is not case sensitive.:D AND Mike Bishop is in the process of moving so if anyone does PM him he might not respond as quickly as he normally does so be patient waiting for his reply.

xoxoxo

16. I PM'd him so I'll wait it out. Thanks!!

18. 2manybillz

2manybillz

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

All you need is a glass 23T roadster body with turtle deck and an injected nailhead!

20. The rear bars could be the remains of a chute mount from up in a swoopy tail.

21. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

This is what i was thinking.

22. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Wheelie bar all folded up?

Too cool. If I had the time to race every weekend, I would build one of those.

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Kent Fuller Chassis after they were assembled had a badge tack welded on it. I am not sure whom made that one but I would keep researching because it looks like it had somewhat of a body maybe a roadster mounted to it. It could have been built by Roy Steen at Race Car Specialties they were in Van Nuys. Another good score Kev.

24. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Yeah as true as that is - there are still "better" ways to splice them. An internal sleeve comes to mind.

Those rear bars appear to be a later addition - I say this because it appears that the weld quality on them pales in comparison to the rest of the car.

25. damn good point and good eye, I went back and looked at the photos. most assuredly a different person added those welds

26. I swear i saw this from the freeway on the way back from Paso?

[​IMG]

27. Marquardt

Marquardt

Dutchtreat,
    Do you mean Al's Speed Shop in Aurora? Al Thompson?

28. derelict

derelict

The front axle looks like a Fuller sand bent axle. Can't tell about the rest though.