Register now to get rid of these ads!

49 F-1 Altered Build(started)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lrs30, May 25, 2007.

1. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

[​IMG]Statring with a 49 F-6 cab, an early 30"s plymouth straight axle front, and a early 30's banjo rear, a 47 Chev 216 in-line 6/with 3 speed, and a whole mess of 120 wall square tubing were off to a whole mish mash of a start. Why would we use the pieces we are using? 1. Its cause it was all had for cheap/nothing/or just laying around collecting dust. 2. We are average joe 24 pack(six pack's just wet the whistle), you know, wife kids, house, dog, and a fence. 3. We enjoy the fact that we are doing it with our tools, ourselves and the occasional help of other's in the audience (never willing to lend a hand other tha to stick it out for a cold one). The plan starts with getting the frame to a rolling state, then with a nice chop to the cab.This is the plan for now, anyways(yhea we have lots involved other than these two things I know). I'm gonna post some pics along the way here of our progress I know its not a 32 Ford but its our little slice of grease pie for now.....[​IMG]

2. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

WOW look at the size of the pics, and what hells with my pics overlapping my text, time to go back to school tyo learn how to use this thing.

3. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from so cal

Having fun with what you have is a surefire way to enjoy building hotrods.

Keep posting progress pictures.

4. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Yhea its a blast, I've been building bikes for years, and just about have my other projects in order, so why not do it with a buddy and get him rolling too.. Check out my other cars and bikes at www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

5. hoof

hoof

You gotta be careful, that's what I started out with, and I ended up buying 3 trucks and a Lincoln for parts, not to mention fiberglass fenders (that I wasn't going to use) and running boards....
    CHAZ

6. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

anybody have a passenger side door?? for an F-6(f-1)

7. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

yep......i do...

8. jlibert

jlibert
    from fresno

Here's a couple pics of the f1 I've been working on... I plan on getting it running and then saving up and bolting on an older style cab.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

looking good, i started the chop 5 in front 3 in back. Moving slow now due to more back surgeries in my future bed bound for now, would love to see more pics

10. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

we got the old Plymouth wavy tube front axle mocked up on the frame, posting pics soon...Will have chopped how to pics also...

11. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Were moving along but slowly due to my recovery from my 2 level spinal fusion preformed on the 10th of this month but here are some updated pics...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. bamabob

bamabob

Looks good. I have a similar build in mind using the same vintage F3 a local guy has for sale. I have not had a chance to look at it but supposedly it the original flathead engine and I believe he said a 4 speed trans. Anybody know what size engine this would be? Hope a speedy recovery to you and keep the pictures and details coming!

Bob

13. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Thanks for the kind word's, I cannot wait to get back to the garage. Let me know what happen's with your find...

14. Chopper Gary

Chopper Gary
    from SLC, Utah

lrs30,

Truck looks good, do you have any more pics of your Chop or the build?

I have a 48 f-6 I am working on and could use the help

Thanks

Gary

15. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

good luck , I would love to see it when your done. I just started chopping mine.

16. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Things have slowed down a bit since my surgey but I hope to get back on it this weekend......I have a tone of projects going on now, they can be seen at www.scroungers.net . I will get some new pics come mid week.....Ryan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Cool build, get a couple of synthetic vertebrae, epoxy them together and use them for a shifter handle to comemmorate the build. That spine thing sucks, I may be in line for that in the next few years if things don't improve. Get well soon.

18. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Things are alot better...But I do have my good and bad days......

19. Looking for a 48-52 F1 in the Pocono area to do one too! All trucks I have found are to far away, transporting is about 3 times the cost of the trucks. Sure like that frame!

20. stragedy

stragedy

I know the feeling.
    I found a perfect (and I do mean perfect) cab doors and FULL sheet metal clip late last year on Ebay.
    The guy had the auction end the day before Christmas - crazy, so I got it all for $400.

Shipping from Cali to Atlanta with Fedex freight was around $1000 but they tried to sting me for a lot more, apparently someone quoted me at a better rate (scrap metal rate) and they had to live with it.

All up $1400 was still a lot but it really is a great cab with only tiny amounts of rust.

21. jonny o

jonny o

Best of luck with your health. I'll enjoy watching the build, thanks.

22. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

Project looks good. I have a '51 F-5 That was an old Government flatbed. Unfortunately it's sat for awhile and the punks in the neigborhood have done their magic to the windows. I have plenty of good cab part though. Maybe even a door if your still looking. Give me a shout if you need anything. I live in Catlettsburg, KY, just outside of Huntington, WV. Looks to be a couple of hours from you.

23. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

glad your feelin' better, best of luck on the build.
    Like your choice of axles, early 30's dodge brothers???
    OLY

The cancer car lives
    Give to cancer research

24. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Yhea its a Dodge...I am currently putting the other under our club gasser a 64 Falcon talk about a direct fit, It was dead nut's, I have pic's on our club site www.scroungers.net its under projects check it out,..Yhea I am feeling a tone better.....Ryan

25. P-townkustoms

P-townkustoms
    from P-Town CA

good luck with everything, lots of screws in the spine... Yeah keep posting the f-1 stuff, I'll try to post some of the one im doing over the weekend.

26. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Yhea post some up, I've caught flak over doing this kinda build, people are saying its not traditional, but everything we are using is pre-49, except the material for building a frame, same as a lot of cars on here...Maybe back then they did'nt, but I still think its cool....So lets see your builds guys...

27. Dyce51

Dyce51
    from Ohio

lookin good keep the pics commin...I'm building a 51 f1 as well...

28. stragedy

stragedy

Seems there are quite a few 48-52's being built at the moment !

I like the build you're doing, I scratched my head a bit at first, but it's about what you've got and what you can afford. If you can pull it off and make it look good, thats awesome.

29. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Yhae its a mish mash of parts, the only thing that will change is the rear, I think I have located an early Chev Torque Tube rear... But still looking for one closer...But It will be a finished car not a thrown together pile-o-dunn.....Thank's Ryan

30. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Make sure you run fenders on that. Apparently there's a "law" about not running fenders on anything later than'35 :D:rolleyes::D