Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford 94's Tuning Tech

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dakota Kid, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Can anyone tell me which way the idle screw go for lean and reach is it in for lean & out for rich or vice versa.
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Quick lesson..........turn your screws in till they bottom out.but do it gently or you will score the tapers. Actually, screw them all the way out and check them before you start. If they have a ring cut into them, trash em' and replace with new or good ones. Now, after screwing them all the way in, turn them out 1 1/2 turns each. That will get you close enough to run. When you get it running, turn one in clockwise until the motor stubbles and at that point turn it out until it sounds the best and go to the next one and do the same thing. You may at operating temp want to either screw your throttle idle screw in to speed it up or out to slow it down. There you have a proven crash course in getting a 94 to run.
    the Dickster

3. 39 Ford

39 Ford

To answer your actual question I beleave it's clockwise for lean and counterclockwise for rich. This holds true for about every type carb I have ever worked on. You should also add a vacuum guage to your tools ,set the idle screws for the highest readings at idle. GOOD LUCK

4. Cadien

Cadien

To add, If these are units you rebuilt, be sure and go over the gasket mating surfaces with some sand paper on glass. You should have absolutely flat mating surfaces and when reassembling them, DO NOT overtorque those screws. I think an old rule of thumb is 10 pounds and that aint much.
    Read Tex Smiths book on flatheads. There is a great article on Holley 94s in there. It'll give you a good base of information.
    Good Luck. Oh, and if you are running multiple 94s on a flathead, be sure and drop youre power valve size or I guarantee you'll be pumping way to much gas in that motor. I just went through this with mine.