Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sorta OT-Cool cars at Christmas party

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Comet, Jan 2, 2007.

1. My wife had her company party at a private car collectors place. He was mostly into road racers, MG, Ferraris, a couple Porsches and oddball stuff like an AC coupe (not Cobra). But he also had a plastic '36 Ford RPU, and a very cool '41 Merc custom with Eddie Meyer heads on the flatty. In addition, he had a few cool motors on stands sitting around like an Ardun head flatty, and another flatty with an Edelbrock block letter heads and another motor (forget, I think an early SBC) with Hilborn injection.
    But what really caught my eye was this little '48 MG.
    [​IMG]
    I didn't think much of it, in fact I almost walked right by it, but the words SoCal Speed shop at the top of the sign caught my eye. Read for yourself. This is a who's who of early rod builders:cool:
    [​IMG]
    And here is what is really cool. The little V860 is running Ardun heads. Yes, those very rare V860 Ardun heads! He says only 21 were built, I have heard as many as 30, not sure anyone really knows, but I do know that they are rare...very rare!
    [​IMG]

2. Roadsir

Roadsir

Wow....what a neat car, and neat "cross-over" history.
    Thanks for sharing

3. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

My late father-in-law raced against Pappy Pedigo and that car. Father-in-law had an MGTD and when the engine let go in went a V8-60. He couldn't afford the Ardun heads though. Cool piece of history.

4. What a cool piece of history.Now that's a surprising christmas party bonus:eek:

5. Hans

Hans

Wow, cool car.

BTTT

6. wow!! antoher cool piece of hot rod history! thanks sharing