Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rear lever/friction shock mounting?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Aug 24, 2006.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lets' see how some of you mounted your rear knee-action or lever shocks. Been thinking I would mount mine like this guy did...
    [​IMG]
    Still looking for the owner of that RPU. If someone knows who's it is, please let me know!

Anyone else mounte there's like this or similar? My rearend will be set up pretty similar with the exception of the hairpins and spring mounts, so I'm looking for ideas!

(yes I've done a search and still can't figure out who's RPU this is)

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Also... heard about people having rebound issues with these shocks. Anyone care to comment on this? Anyone else have these issues?

3. I'd like to see some solutions as well because i may convert this winter on my front end (may also go friction). Also like to know what model/year are popular.

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be using one's similar to the one's on the green RPU. They're NOS military surplus.
    [​IMG]

Was thinking I would mount them to the back of the model A crossmember, right where the frame kick-up is welded to the crossmember or just to the outside of the rails.

5. the-rodster

the-rodster

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YES! That's how I'll be mounting mine unless someone tells me there is a reason not to. Looks good man! I'll be running spring ahead like that also, so that gives me a good view of what things will look like.

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER