Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Searching for 1948 Tucker photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tucker Fan 48, Nov 26, 2010.

1. FC49

FC49

This has been fun! It brought back lots of great memories. TuckerFan48, whoever you are (I may have met you at Ann Arbor?) your dedication to this story is appreciated by everyone who loves these fantastic cars. Thanks so much. If you ever decide to put this in book form, I'll be first in line to buy one, hang the cost.

Frank C.

2. gregg289

gregg289

Attached Files:

3. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

Wow, this is great information. Napa Tucker Sales is a dealership that was not in the database of dealers. I'm hoping to get all that corrected soon. The Tucker Historical Foundation wants to preserve all the records and make them available to anyone wanting to research anything Tucker. You can check out the new website at tuckermuseum.org

I can see that one of the cars is an early car. I'll dig into my records and try to see which cars could have been there.

I sent you a private message so I can get some more information from you. Thanks again.

4. That's cool as hell! I can see that now, since you've described the car being shown far and wide for both future dealership possibilities and the public being able to lay eyes on one.

The Tucker story continues!

5. noboD

noboD

Tucker Fan, are you buying Ron Pratt's Tucker at BJ?

6. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

I wish !

I tried last year to buy one and that is as close as I'll ever come to owning an entire Tucker. I have owned verious Tucker parts over the years and at one time I owned the original interior from Tucker #1020. I'm not sure if that counts for much.

For those that have not seen Ron Pratte's Tucker you can check out the photos I posted of it at TuckerMuseum.org

http://www.tuckermuseum.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19

7. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

We have 1013 at the America On Wheels Museum in Allentown, PA right now, I think it will be there till April. Check their web site for a picture and date. There was a bus tour there when we pushed it in an you would though there was a movie star comming in, they started to applaud when they saw it.

8. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

Tucker fan: if any man deserves one ,it is You your passion for these cutting edge cars is amazing , most on here cant finish any of their projects for lack of knowledge and $. good luck on Your search.

9. oval427

oval427

Try Hugh Hawthorne, Alpine Construction, Richmond, VA area. He owns the Tucker that is sometimes displayed at the Petty's museum in Randleman, NC

10. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

11. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

Thanks for posting that up. I had the opportunity to meet Rick and see this car when I toured the country this summer on my Tucker tour. The car has 677 actual miles. Almost everything on the car is original. The interior is in fantasic shape. All it really needs is a new paint job and a little suspension work to replace the dried out torsilastic parts. Rick is a great guy and I can't wait to see the car finished.

12. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

Patrick,

Since you are in Oklahoma you should be able to find who the owner of this Tucker was back in 1950. The plate is from Tulsa County. This photo is all I have to go on. I've been trying to solve this mystery for a couple years.

[​IMG]

13. I can check to see if that tag is still in existence, as Oklahoma has YOM registration availability. If I can trace that tag, maybe its' owner can provide info on the car.

14. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

I know the car is no longer in Oklahoma since all the cars are accounted for. This will take finding someone in the Tulsa area that remembers seeing the car OR someone with a friend at the DMV that will go through really old records to see who owned that license plate in 1950. The state won't give out the information to anyone except the owner. It would take someone on the inside at the DMV that is willing to work around the grey area in their regulations.

15. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

I was at the Tupelo Auto Museum in Mississippi this past November working on one of there cars and there is a Tucker in the museum if anyone wants to know.

Frenchy

QUOTE=Tucker Fan 48;7236010]I know the car is no longer in Oklahoma since all the cars are accounted for. This will take finding someone in the Tulsa area that remembers seeing the car OR someone with a friend at the DMV that will go through really old records to see who owned that license plate in 1950. The state won't give out the information to anyone except the owner. It would take someone on the inside at the DMV that is willing to work around the grey area in their regulations.[/QUOTE]

16. South_paw

South_paw
    from America

Here's a document that probably hasn't been seen before,

[​IMG]

17. South_paw

South_paw
    from America

some more from the same dealer,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

This owner went all out with a new building for a Tucker only dealership. Poor guy must have lost his shirt!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  18. TF48, what I meant was to see if that tag is on another 1950 car in the state, as a YOM registration. I can find that much out from the Oklahoma Tax Commission (our DMV). From there, if it is in the system, I have a friend or two that might be able to help further. Might take a while, though.

19. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I remember seeing one in Mudo , South Dakota. All org. at the museum.
    B.B.

20. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

Thanks, I'll will add Hargis Motor Sales to my Tucker dealership database.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  21. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

The Tucker in Murdo was #1031. It was on loan there for many years when it was owned by Jay Busker.

The car is now in the Breslow Collection in southern California. Tucker #1031 was originally owned by Vera Tucker, the wife of Preston Tucker.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

22. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Very interesting, glad i mentioned it. You-da-man TUCKER FAN.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

23. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Several years ago I saw a Tucker in Robert Pond's private collection in Palm Springs, CA. Which one did he have? Best part was when Mr. Pond's mechanic started it up - it sounded like a Corvair on steroids!

24. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

Tucker #1036 was owned by Robert Pond. This incredibly gorgeous Tucker is now owned by his Granddaughter Setorii Pond (see below). You'll see Setorii has taken good care of the Tucker and it looks awesome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

She ain't lookin to shabby either.
    B.B.

26. Tucker? What Tucker? Is there a car there?^^^^^

27. Spike!

Spike!

I got to ride in that car..one of the highlights of my visit out there..maybe ever!

Spike

28. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

Tucker #1043 sold today for $2,650,000 or $2,915,000 with the buyer premium.

A new record for a Tucker.

29. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Tucker Fan, another question: My boss's mother and I were talking about the B-J car today. She and her twin sister lived in West L.A. in the '50s and she remembers seeing a blue Tucker parked at a house at Olympic and Parnell; it sat for several years before it was gone. She does know her cars; she worked at a city impound lot and could tell a Tucker from a bullet-nose Studebaker. Does this car ring a bell?