Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Slick Devils and the 2014 Summit Racing Equipment I-X Piston Powered Cleveland Au

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Here is Jerry getting his Asylum REAL straight jacket for "Best In Show"...another straight jacket will have Jerry's name embroidered on it, and will be in a glass case display at the IX center, waiting for next years winner to have his name put on it...Its a Asylum tradition!

[​IMG]

2. All of our "Dirty Dozen" display vehicles were not judges, they were brought in as feature cars. For doing this, each owner recieved a special Dirty Dozen jacket. Yes this jacket is SFI approved! Kevin getting his!

[​IMG]

3. Jade Idol's last song???

They kicked ass!

[​IMG]

4. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Don;
    I have to say you are one of the most dedicated people I know. The amount of personal time you put into everything you do....your cars...your racing...and now this show, needs to be commended.
    Thanks for taking the time and stopping over to my vendor booth...and if I can ever help you out with some type of giveaway (like those Gasser posters I gave you) Don't hesitate to ask.
    Big Bob Moonlight Movies

5. Bob, thanks a ton! The guys loved the posters by the way! This time of year has been dedicated to my girls and their AAU Basketball... Now they are with 2 different organizations and it is going to be real stressfull...My one daughter is playing in 6 different states while the other plays more local! So I will be juggling the bball with promoting the Rock'N'Race too...so my car projects are suffering right now...not complaining, I wouldn't have it any other way!

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Club member Jim Turchek had a whole lot to do w/ this show and needs mentioned.......Dave

7. Awesome show fella's, I drove seven hours from Ontario to be part of the pinstriping auction and could not have been made feel more welcome anywhere. Car show was an excellent event, I would like to see more in the south hall as there seemed to be plenty of room to tighten up, maybe next year, this show has real potential to do as well or dare I say better than the Detroit Autorama some time in the future. Well done, see you next year!

8. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Didn't mean to Slight anyone Littleman...I am sure it took alot of hands and alot of people to make this event what it was. And as a vendor there, I don't sell crap if it wasn't for all the others that bring in the cars that in turn bring in the spectators that buy my stuff and make my weekend at these events successful. Thank you all

9. hotrodhoodlum

hotrodhoodlum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Hot Rod Asylum was the Show as far as I was concerned
    Slick Devils deserve a big pat on the back

10. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thats not how I took it.........Just wanted to mention Jim........thats all....

11. With out a doubt, Jim did more than me! It was a club deal all the way with just about everyone lending a helping hand! As it should be!

12. titus

titus

We also had a great time out at the show and had a fun time judging. We will for sure try and make it back next year.

JEFF

13. roseboystoys

roseboystoys

Our car was selected for Best Engineered. It was a very pleasant suprise. The Slick Devils put on a great show. It was obvious the amount of thought and effort that was put into planning and executing this successful event. They are on to a great start in restoring the Autorama into what it once was. Let's support them in their effort to preserve this event and cooperate with them in every way. Also, if not winning an award was enough, I scored this awesome Earl Scheib sign that will be displayed in the garage! Thanks for a great show.
    photo (2).JPG

14. fleabag

fleabag

It would take some hard work but you got to set the bar high or all we have to do is steal the Riddler award ! The IX had a good idea when they put the Slick Devils in charge of the south hall to bring in the "culture ". The mix of planes , boats and military gives it different look from Detroit . The swap meet is bigger in Cleveland . I would like to see more SEMA type reps at the show and maybe a Big Name car guy or 2 to draw a crowd on Sunday . All in all its a great show that is building every year .

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  15. Chris, and all the folks that entered the Asylum last weekend, I would like to address the empty corners in the asylum. They were large areas in the corners left of the stage. The one corner was purchased as a vending spot for the US Army, they came in late (weather) and started to set up and their rock climbing wall and it was too tall! So they were moved into the main show. The other corner was supposed to be 6 to 8 cars from Street Machinery, known for their quality work and cutting edge look...well Summit needed this many cars in their corp. display and we got trumped! We obviously cannot fight big money nor do we want to...The show was sold out and the weather did effect some participants not showing. The fact that people noticed the empty areas is a good thing! Everyone could not get enought of the South Hall and it will be bigger and better next year! We are already on the look out for an all new cast of the Dirty Dozen!

16. T-DeWitt

T-DeWitt

Congrats you guys have a bit chin car.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. Here are some overall pics I took from the sleeper cab of my ramp truck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. BucketHeadBart

BucketHeadBart
    from illinois

LOVE the pics. Post more if you have em.

19. Thats about all the time I had for taking pictures! Someone else take a camera?

20. roseboystoys

roseboystoys

Thank You! Would like to see the "T" there next year. I think you guys would like the show!

21. Looks like a great show!! Thanks for the pictures.