Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Got my 31 home

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by mjcat, Apr 7, 2014.

1. mjcat

mjcat

Got my new 31 home from arizona. Today I built a dolly to set the body on then lifted it off using a cherry picker and some man power. Great way to spend the day with my dad!! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396932237.234844.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396932280.069787.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396932320.172723.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396932342.382165.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396932386.897395.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Congrats looks like it's in great condition, what are your plans for it.

3. mjcat

mjcat

Thank you. Ya, I'm stoked on how clean the body is. Very minimal rust. I'm thinking I might chop and channel it. Although I still go back and forth between putting it on 32 rails and running as a high boy or building a z'd chassis and getting it low! :)

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Looks like a sweet blank canvas. Cool score and have fun.

5. Nice pics !

Jim

6. nutbush

nutbush
    from Texas

You're showing your age dude! Of course you can do what you please, it's your car, but I think if you channel it, you'll regret it.

7. brady1929

brady1929

sweet project

8. mjcat

mjcat

How am I showing my age ? and why would I regret channeling it? Many clean looking cars chopped and channeled.

9. neds29

neds29

Right! Join hundreds of other chopped and channeled Model A's that can't be sold or go for cheap because nobody else wants them. It's 80+ years old why not leave it as-is? Plenty of messed up A's around that you can buy w/o messing this one up.
    Just my humble opinion of course.
    Ned

10. I'm confused. Is this the "Ford Barn" blog or a traditional hot rod blog?

11. Everybody ain't short.everybody ain't a kid anymore..

I've had several chopped cars when I was younger but I'm a greybeard hot rodder now and like to be able to see and have some comfort,,so no chopped and channeled cars for me.

BTW,the Model A would look great on Deuce rails. HRP

12. tevintage

tevintage

My opinion put your efforts into all the work you have ahead and enjoy the roof as is and no channel. I think the look is much cooler and practical on the long drives. TEB

13. Does that say "Fix Or Repair Daily" on that quarter? Because that's awesome!

14. mjcat

mjcat

My 30 model A is unchopped, no channel, and full fendered. So yes I want to do something different with this car. Ya I got a kick out of that as well the "fix or repair daily" hahaha

15. metal man

metal man

Congratulations mjcat. That's a nice body. Those coupes look great either channeled or not...I'm sure you can make up your own mind. I'm guessing you're a young man, and you won't have any trouble getting in and out of a channeled / chopped coupe any time soon.

16. metal man

metal man

FWIW, we have an unchanneled and unchopped '30 coupe hot rod, and the next one will be chopped 4'' and channeled 4''. It will be my son's car. He's only 5'-9'' and 18 yrs old and it's what he wants to do with it. Maybe he'll regret it in 40 years :rolleyes:

17. neds29

neds29

Pushing 70 myself and have been messing with hot cars and loose women since 1962 so maybe I'm just feeling old and sorry for the A.