Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fresh meat.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Havoc319, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havoc319

Havoc319

Hello all. Name is Dan. Long Island NY. Was a muscle car person for a while, 70 skylark but a 4dr. Still ha fun. Then got into offroading, jeeps, rock crawling and custom truck work. Now into the classics and picked up a 54 belair 4dr.

I am a machinest, welder, mechanic, been doing industrial repairs on air compressors, hydraulics, aircraft parts, all sorts.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396717526.007260.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396717553.500728.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396717595.573923.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396717617.885164.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Havoc319

Havoc319

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396717701.876399.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396717731.739199.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396717751.329874.jpg

Now I've stripped it back down and doing a frame swap.

Attached Files:

3. Havoc319

Havoc319

So where would one be able to list some spare parts for sale? Also, where would I list the build thread?

4. Welcome from Lanexa Virginia Home of Johnrodz

5. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Welcome from Woburn, MA!

Lemme try to help you with your questions, First, if you haven't already, read the forum rules HERE.

Where to post your build thread depends on what you're building. If you're building something with a traditional style but not necessarily period correct, put your build thread in the main forum, and select the prefix "Projects" before the title line.

If you are doing a period correct Hot Rod build, post similarly HERE in Traditional Hot Rods, or for a period Custom, HERE in Traditional Customs.

Parts, Cars, Tools, Etc each have their place in the Classifieds section HERE. (Read the rules!)

6. Havoc319

Havoc319

Well my 54 bel air build is underway. It's not a resto, but not a custom. I want it to look traditional late 50s, early 60s hotrod, but the drivetrain is well, different. I've been lurking around for some time at pics of builds to see interior design and paint ideas to see if what I have in mind fits the mold of a clean hotrod and not a shaved and slammed custom.

7. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Well then just plop your build thread in the main forum with a Projects prefix and show us what you've got going!

8. Havoc319

Havoc319

So it's started. I stopped before u post up more so I can get a reaction check. May not appeal to the resto group. This forum out of many I've been on has the most talent and info on the older rods and customs and I want my new project to look and feel like a traditional late 50s early 60s hotrod.
    My background has been all over the car industry and more so in the industrial mechanical field. I don't have as much an eye for theme builds but want this to be traditional and on my budget and nothing done before.

9. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

The only "resto" going on here is on old Hot Rods and Customs, you must be thinking of Fordbarn!

10. Havoc319

Havoc319

Well I'm not an old timer but I've been in the car biz for 15 years. Delivering parts, some counter work, working at auto shops all over. This forum seems like a really cool place. The other day at a car show I saw a Metal badge on the dash from this forum. Very cool.

11. Bagged_Biscayne

Bagged_Biscayne

12. Havoc319

Havoc319

I felt welcome but I guess noone here likes my build since my post was deleted. I understand one thread was deleted when I was trying to sell my used parts that I don't need. Asked where my build thread should go and posted accordingly. Now deleted. So I'm done here.

They just don't make things like they used to.

13. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe post it up over on the Dogfight forum.

14. Hey Havoc, just wanted to throw my $.02 in as a moderator...

It's not that we don't like your build; it's just that it really doesn't 'fit'. Ryan's (the site owner/administrator) vision for the Jalopy Journal/HAMB is a focused one - concentrating specifically on rods/customs built in a style representative of 1965 and earlier. Unfortunately, a 'modern' frame swap just doesn't 'jive' with the 65-earlier ethos.

Sure, there are a few cars here with subframes and/or radial tires - but it's not what we focus on. Threads that concentrate on those modifications get deleted as well. As the boss says, it's not personal - it's an editorial decision...we'd rather focus on era correct builds, history, and tech rather than modern upgrades. Let's face it, there are half a million sites devoted to clips, frame swaps, and disc brake conversions anyway...instead, we provide what no one else does - compelling and hard-hitting TRADITIONAL hot rod & custom content.

Hope you'll hang out & see that 'focus' isn't a bad thing.

15. Hello and welcome to the H.A.M.B.!!!!!

16. Havoc319

Havoc319

So if the frame was from a 65 and older, and the motor was from a 65 and older, it would jive? Missed it by 5 years. The column is the only new new part. Otherwise it's a 70 meets a 54. If I had a 60s frame and a 54 shell, it would fit the bill better?
    Thought all the gassers, altered gas, customs, were all just whatever was available to make a ride? Caltracs traction bars, or fuel injection that looks like a holly, or an LS crate motor in a fiberglass tudor I understand is not a traditional hotrod. The kitchen sink brass knob as a window crank was hotrod. Pulling a 403 nailhead and sticking it in a 32 ford is hotrod. But I guess the brass nob can't be a 2014 remake of a 60s style sink?

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  17. Did you come back to talk cars or to argue? If you have an issue with the content on this site, PM a moderator...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.