Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '36 Chevy fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vintage44, Mar 20, 2014.

1. vintage44

vintage44
    from NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Fellas, are rear fenders interchangeable from a coupe and sedan? My 5w coupe project has a LR fender but I may be able to get a RR from a 2dr sedan. Thanks for the input. <!--POLLS--><!--FILES--><!--SIGNATURE-->

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I believe most Chevy fenders from 36-up share rear fenders between passenger body styles. I know that is true from 37-48 but 36 MAY have a standard/master difference in back as well as front.

3. BubbaC

BubbaC
    from FLA

OK... with that said. Are the rear sections"quarters- fender well arch" the same on all chevy coupes 36 thru?... 46 . I'm having no luck finds a repalcement passenger rear quarter for my 38 coupe.

4. I think it is master/standard specific as well.....since we're talkin' '36s'.....do any of your guys have 36 standard running boards kickin' around?

5. BubbaC

BubbaC
    from FLA

question two... Are all fisher bodies the same arch in the rear quarters?

6. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you'll find that rear quarters and inner fenders are the same '37 to '39, '40 is one year only, '41 to '48 the same, all car models except sedan delivery. I think Pontiacs were the same, Olds and Buick were larger. Doesn't really answer your question about '36 fenders, but at least eliminates some later years from the interchange.
    Try checking catalogues of companies that offer fenders, should tell you what years each part fits.

7. chopped

chopped

When I did my 36 the only tail pan made was for a coup. I used it on the sedan but it needed work in the fender area. Makes me think fenders would be different. I didn't run fenders but the arch area didn't match. The 36 is a stand alone body.