Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hemi Plug Wires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by S2X01, Mar 20, 2014.

1. S2X01

S2X01

Looking for a set of "readily available" plug wires for a 241.

I ordered some the other day, and after waiting a few days to actually get them, they didn't work. The ends were too short to reach down in the tubes.

I'm finding them online, but I would rather not pay $180 for a set of wires.
    There's gotta be a newer Hemi that these might cross over. Or something that crosses over.

Any ideas/experience?
    Thanks guys!

2. call hot heads

3. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Yep, Hot Heads is a great source for all things early hemi. Some of the Alliance Vendors found here may be able to help as well. Check out the hemi tech threads and HAMB-O-Dex for more info also. Good luck!

4. sunbeam

sunbeam

There's a thread on here about using v6 Honda plug wires.

5. S2X01

S2X01

Just found that!
    I'm headed to the Junkyard this weekend too. Glad I found this info before my trip!!
    V6 Honda is on the list!!

6. porky55

porky55

I seen that thread. It didn't work for me, maybe I got the wrong V6. I have a 270 so it should be the same.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. George

George

You can use a "wire puller", opened it up a bit, to push the ends onto the plugs. I use standard generic Accel wires on my 331. Long enough even with the wire covers.

8. 73RR

73RR

$180 ??:eek:

There are several options for wire, including making your own. Good quality wire is available from many sources and the insulators are an ebay part. A standard EarlyHemi wire set will need 25 lf of wire. I usually have 7mm and 8mm wire in black and/or blue on the shelf at $1.25/lf.
    You will need the proper crimping plier; MSD sells a nice one as do some others.
    Another option is to use a 426 Hemi set and buy two extra wires to replace the two short ones that you will not be able to use. You will also need to then tailor the lengths to suit as they are odd lengths for your Dodge.

And, you can also go back to ebay for one of the unfinished sets in the $100 range.