Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ***FRIDAY ARRRRT SHOW*** Aug. 4/06

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TINGLER

TINGLER

Hey all,
    I don't think I see an art show yet.

I'll start.....

Monster T-shirts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Love that Tiki's tongue!

3. sean72

sean72

Cool shirts Tingler!

Here are some stickers and t-shirts that I have been working on. Check out www.vintage-strippers.com when you get a chance. Forgot to mention earlier, FREE SHIPPING ON SHIRTS.

Sean

Attached Files:

4. A gig poster...

Attached Files:

5. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Tingler, as always, killer! Sean, cool designs! And stickylifter, I dig your work, and man, do you have a ton of cool stuff on your site...
    All I got this week is a lakes-style roadster...

[​IMG]

6. sinclair

sinclair

WOW! I dig this!

Here is something I finished up this week. I posted it before without color, so here it is with color.
    [​IMG]

7. sean72

sean72

flyingpolock, nice roadster. Really dug your "were moving dragster" from last week. I am working on another dragster at the moment, hopefully have something up in a week or two.

Sean

8. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

That's all you got...man, that ain't bad!!!

9. Slide

Slide

Inspired by Dirty31's new project, I had to scrawl out this A coupe that's been running thru my head for a few months. Oh, and Brush, you convinced me to try Painter on this one. It's a pretty cool app!

[​IMG]

And my 5-year-old son did this one of a FourDoor A sedan doing a burnout... complet with fire from the zoomies. :cool:
    [​IMG]

Flyingpolock-- wow. That's awesome!

10. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

Amazing work guys!

Here is an illustration of speedaddict's '39 chevy.
    [​IMG]

11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Just got back from vacation.....looks rightious fellas...keep strok'in.
    Very cool Slide.

12. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

Haven't striped a Box in awhile, couldn't stop once I started. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Great stuff. Vintage fantastico! Classic feel w/ modern appeal.
    Me likey.

14. zombie

zombie

another 18x24 colored pencil on black. everybodys stuff looks great. sean i love those pen and inks. pollok, thats bad ass.

[​IMG]

15. My turn,
    Here's a couple for starts.
    Flying`P' nice roadster. Great POV.

'49 FLAME JOB
    (10"x116" Prisma pencils & marker) Background flames,Photoshop
    (Not airbrushed onto origionalyet.)

[​IMG]

RAT ROD
    I was just messing around in anticipation of last Frydays show. I think I like the way the lilltle thumbnail sketch I did of it looks better.

[​IMG]

I'm putting together a psge of them li'l fellers for your viewing soon.

16. Can't help myself. This one's `Old Scool' transprtation; genuine
    `Horse power'! (sorry)

Stallion
    (Quick Sketch/study in graphite)

[​IMG]

17. Zumo

Zumo

18. Went to Sears Point last weekend for the NHRA round....sunburnt as hell, and only took a few pictures....I was rather taken with this 'Vette tho... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Just wanted to say Love you guys work...I look forward to Friday Art Show pics everyweek!!! Personally I have NO drawing skill whatsoever so I won't embarrass myself by posting something I have done. Rather I will save face and post a couple of pics of some recent WHODAKY striping done on my sisters 60 chev.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. sean72

sean72

Jigger,

Thanks for the kind words. I am working on a new shirt right now for Vintage-Strippers, I am soooooooooo stoked to be doing it! I should have something in a week or so.

Sean

21. i found this pic and i had to share it ....

its a 1959 4dr belair custom the back two doors have been welded in, and the chop top flip front i saw it and was like damn so i hope everyone else likes it to ...and im working on some art for the hamb so keep a look out ..lol

Attached Files:

• 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      70 KB
      Views:
    • 043.jpg
      043.jpg
      File size:
      41 KB
      Views:
  22. I can't thank Hatman enough for turning me on to this place. You all truly
    inspire me. Seriously, I shoulda been here years ago. It's not just the art either, I told my wife I found a place where they don't even care how bad I spell!

Here's 3 more for this week;
    First is a scan of finished Apache
    Second is a color option I did of
    said Apache on Photoshop
    (I promise no more Apache)
    Third is the skecth responsible for the name `Jigger'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

I just LOVE this Art thing on Fridays! Thanks for the cool posts!

Slight name change; same Avatar;...same ole dude!

24. chopt49

chopt49

Went to NHRA race last weekend...This jem was parked, had to get a shot (or two, maybe three)...Is the owner A HAMBER?[​IMG]

25. damn jigger your art rocks someday i ll be up there with ya but im more of a tattoo art guy and i also do grafitti but i dont think you guys want to see any of my grafitti wall stuff so ill keep it to my self lol

26. Machobuck

Machobuck

27. That could be what `The KING' looks like today.
    (No disrespect intended, Memphis.)
    My advise to all young artists is, observe your surroundings, carry a sketchbook and favorite art tools with you everywhere and Draw, draw
    draw! Even in your sleep. The Hamb is a great place to get inspiration.
    If that sketch is from the mind and hand of an 8th grader the talent is there so find a good art school and learn to draw `right' . It's like any other vocational choice,you really have to keep at it and always stive to do the
    next piece better than the last. Most of all, allow and accept criticism. this is one of an artists greatest tools so long as it's constructive and not either overly mean or overly adorning. Keep at it. There's promise in them thar brain-o-yours.

28. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

I say this every week, but damn, Zombie! Wow. I got a headache from taking in all the detail!
    Sean, Slide, Fordy6, Jigger, thanks!
    Slide, that coupe is killer! Great job by your son, too! And Toyghoul, I love that box! My wife saw me scrollin', and yelled "go back!" from across the room...
    Machobuck, show us some more! Diggin' on the piece you posted, and if that's from about 3 years ago, I can only imagine where you're at now. And like Jigger pointed out, carry a sketchbook everywhere and draw EVERYTHING. you'd be amazed at what you can pick up drawing a shopping cart or pile of trash (aside from tetanus, etc)... seriously. (and it'll give you a huge advantage if you pursue it in school, and take life-drawing classes)

29. Slide

Slide

Yeah, I agree about the stuff zombie's putting out lately.

And thanks for the props Brush and flyingpolock. That's huge coming from yall.

There have been some really good inspiring art shows the last few weeks... and this week's already turning out to be another one!

flyingpolock-- I don't want to expose your secret recipe, but it looks like you are combining vector and "brushstrokes"... what software/media are you using (If I may ask!)?

30. Yep,
    Life drawing! Don't think of it as drudgery. What really helped my drafting skills was when I quit thinking about how I was just drawing stuff and actually drawing 3-D objects. Your pencil is like a sculptors chisel and the paper's the stone. This is where learning animation paid of in my approach to evrything I draw, especially cars. Allow your eyes to wrap around what you're looking at as you draw then ours will too as we view it. And work loose.
    Jigger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.