Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Using a wagon's roof rack?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Apr 17, 2014.

1. My 64 wagon has the original roof rack on it. I sure wouldn't count on using it for something valuable and able to catch a draft though. I liked the look so I wheeled off the slats and just kept the frame cause (sorry for this one) all my wagon hauls is ass!

2. Root, I had a 125# wheel/tire assembly from a Hummer tied down to my roof rack on my old o/t Mercury wagon, tied to a factory roof rack that was attached to the car with eight sheetmetal screws. No sweat.

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

With the mtb up there like a sail, I need to have some reassurance. I am working on a design despite the naysaying. It's never stopped me before...

4. And then again- I also remember riding in my dads ot '75 Toyota celica from Minnesota home to Washington with an antique twelve piece dining room set on the factory roof rack that I'm pretty sure wasn't as well attached as a 60s Chevy would be.. Still not sure whether dad really wanted that dining room set or just wanted to prove that he could do it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. As a cyclist, I'd use this as an excuse to tell the little woman that I need a lighter, more streamlined bike.

6. Well, there is always that!