Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1937 nash lafayette 2 door sedan value

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by morecowbell, Apr 1, 2014.

1. morecowbell

morecowbell
    from colorado

Hi all,

got a line a beautiful (in my eyes) original 1937 nash lafayette 2 door sedan with 80 plus years of warts, patina, and character. It needs some patching and such but it's number matching engine and body (so I am told), original drivetrain, runs, needs brake work like a new master cyl, but goes down the road. Comes with extra parts, needs seat covers and carpet, etc all the things you'd expect from an 80 year old car.

I've tried to do my research but i honestly have no clue what this may be worth to purchase and possibly to sell if I needed to i (if I get overextended). I looked at nada, kbb, collectorcar, hemmings, etc. Tried ebay to get an idea.

Not looking to flip it. I just need help in discerning what a fair price to pay for it is. Even just a ballpark would be tremendously helpful.

Thank you all.

- jason
    former hamb-user name "neverwinter"

Attached Files:

2. Should be a Nash owners club/forum for info and good looking car.

3. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

if I were selling that car, I would ask for $5Gs & take 4500. no title, deduct 3-400

4. Squablow

Squablow

I was thinking $2500-$3K assuming it has a title. If it was legitimately roadworthy (good tires, good brakes, could be driven home as-is) then I might go to 4K. Pretty car but the fact it's a sedan hurts it, could get quite a bit more for a coupe.

5. In my grocery store's magazine rack they have this thing called "Old Cars Report" in with the car magazines. How no one else ever notices them is beyond me. You don't even have to buy it if you don't want to - I'd look this up but I'm not sure where the last copy I bought is. They don't change enough, often enough, to warrant buying it more than once a year.

6. bubblesbacon

bubblesbacon
    from wisconsin

up here in northern wisconsin (the road salt rust belt) a car in that shape with title would bring $5000 to $6000 at auction or sale. You might find them for the prices listed in above post down south but by the time you ship it up here you will have that much into it anyways.. If I found one in that shape up here for $3000 I would snatch it up quick, even forgoing house payments if I had to. Great looking car fron the stand point of what we have around here.. ;)

7. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Great Looking Car, It looks complete, I paid $5,700.00 for my body about 7 years ago and it still is painted the way I got it.They make great cars.

Attached Files:

• 050.jpg
      050.jpg
      File size:
      334.7 KB
      Views:
    • 048.jpg
      048.jpg
      File size:
      303.9 KB
      Views:
  8. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

9. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

37 Nash Lafayette 2 door Victoria sedan, restorable #5 condition $2040 says Old Cars Report Price Guide.

10. Can you post a picture of the taillights? They look cool from what I can see.

11. BIG PORT JIMMY 6

BIG PORT JIMMY 6

Same light as a 40 Willys or an Indian motorcycle. Have a 37 Lafayette 4dr sedan. Jay

12. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I believe 37-40 Willys used the same tailight.

[​IMG]

13. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

37-40 Willys used the same tail lights with a extra rubber mounting, you can use the on a Nash with out the rubber mounting.