Register now to get rid of these ads!

Peter Tommasini's Metalshaping DVD's, Series 1-9

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordcragar, Oct 26, 2013.

1. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Several years ago, I bought the first of Peter's DVD's, Series 1-6. Then a couple of months ago I got Series 7-9. Sometimes it takes me a long time to actually sit down and watch video's; which was no different this time. What was different this time, was that I attended one of Peter's seminar's; which was held in Everett WA, last month.

After taking Peter's seminar, I had some down time (from some surgery) and watched every one of the DVD's; which are the best DVD's that I've ever seen.

The Series 1-6 are really good:
    Series 1 Basic shrinking and stretching metal. Paper patterns
    Series 2 Using tools. Bulbous shapes
    Series 3 Making return shapes
    Series 4 How to make a rust repair section with hand tools
    Series 5 Gas welding, repair and metalfinishing lesson.
    Series 6 How to make a door skin using the English wheel

The Series 7-9 are the one's that will blow you away; which are advanced skills in panel fabrication & forming with hand tools:
    Series 7 Stretching and shrinking
    Series 8 Hand swaging
    Series 9 Hand forming

The Series 7-9 show you all the techniques displayed during the fabrication of a HK Monaro rear quarter panel.

Remember all of the above DVD's show you how, with just hand tools.

Peter's DVD's are hands down my favorite metalshaping video's. I have a rather extensive collection and these are the best.

www.handbuilt.net.au

2. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

3. carbuilder

carbuilder

Yes Peters DVD's are some of the best out there I also have them all well worth the $$ Plus I attended his inaugural class in California this September & if you get a chance go to one of his hands on class. He is working on coming back to the USA next year & holding several classes all around the country.

4. nxcess

nxcess
    from Mesa, AZ

CArbuilder, are you going to send the photos?

5. they were playing the whole series on tv a few years ago (a quarter hour at a time at the end of a terrible auto themed show). I was spewin' when they canceled it. always wanted to buy the set and take one of his seminars but never had the cash.

6. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Those were a different series of video's, they were from the program "Gasolene"; which were of Tommasini and Peach. These video's are just of Peter Tommasini that came our less than two years ago. One of my friends was talking about the same video's you were talking about.

http://sydneyinstituteonline.net/uclibrary/2011/08/04/gasolene-ultimo-tafe-library/

There are several Tommasini and Peach video's on Youtube.

7. carbuilder

carbuilder

Terry sorry about the delay life has just gotten in the way between customer work,my building remodel trying to get roof finished before the winter really hits & a week after I get back from Kens my 15 year old niece is diagnosed with leukemia, my brother & his wife are in the middle of a remodel on there house so they needed to get it done before Tianna my niece comes home from children's hospital it needs to be clean & dust free as possible as her immune system is & will be low for a long time. So I am helping them on the house 2 1/2 to 3 hrs a nite plus 4 hrs a day on the weekend. She will be home in about 10 days so we are under the gun to get it finished. At 66 I just burn out a lot easer now Again sorry about the delay I will get them out soon.

8. nxcess

nxcess
    from Mesa, AZ

hope she is doing well.

9. carbuilder

carbuilder

Terry thanks she has been through 4 rounds of chemo 2 blood transfusions & 1 or 2 more of the kemo to go then if every thing is ok a week or so later she will get to come home for awhile. The remodel should be done this weekend & some final painting then final clean up.
    She is also a very cute & petite, car girl I had just given her, her first vehicle in August for her 15th birthday a 89 Chev V6 S10 pick up with 71,000 mi in the family since new that Tianna my niece my brother a painter at Boeing & her brother a Mechanic at the local BMW dealership are going to customize for her. She had been helping my brother out in his shop quite a bit before I gave her the truck.