Register now to get rid of these ads!

Antique and hot road virtual tour

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billjones, Oct 5, 2012.

1. billjones

billjones

I posted this before (but not here) and received some great suggestions, here is the same tour but with a lot added, check out the turntable shots and all the new drivers POV panoramas. Most had trouble figuring out what to do so I created a tour map that should help get around. The panoramas will turn but it's not automatic, you have to turn the pano with the mouse or click on the circular icon. Have fun and give feedback. This is my resume to be submitted to museums, car, air and train. So feedback is very important to me.

I have also added more shots in the image galleries.

M work consist of developing virtual tours, I had the opportunity to do a excellent collection and just wanted to share with all. There are numerous way to navigate but to view interiors and the standard image galleries you need to use the drop down menu in the upper left.

http://rhmpano.com/tours/kenaustincars/

I can see I have visitors.

The problem I have is not knowing what you did out there. So it's hard to either anticipate what you want to look at, or if you did look at it.

Every car out there has it's own image gallery.

There are now 23 interior panoramas (drivers view). Use the tour map to get around.

One car is on a turntable and you watch it go around in circles, one revolution with the doors closed, one with everything open. That consisted of 192 separate shots.

So what did you see and what didn't you see, and if not, why not? All links work on my end, but maybe not yours.

If I don't know it's broke I can't fix it.

That's what I need to know.

enjoy.

2. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

thats pretty cool,different thanks for posting

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

really an awesome job.seems to be working fine.you can get lost in there

4. billjones

billjones

Thanks for looking, I need all help I can get.

5. davo461

davo461

I don't think you need help with that one; excellent !
    Davo

6. outwest

outwest

Wow! I kept getting stuck in the room with the dentist chair. That's really neat, though!

7. Its excellent but I'd invert the Y axis or give the option to... unless i missed a button somewhere?

8. dad-bud

dad-bud

billjones - an intro first if you want to play

9. billjones

billjones

dudford -- what do you mean by the y axis?

dad-bud --- what kind of intro are you referring to, from me, or regarding the tour.

10. billjones

billjones

I have received comments about a parsing error on iPads, I found the error but can't test it. I'm an Android user.

11. You know where up is down and down is up, like if you were flying a plane you'd pull the yoke back to go up, same goes for controlling something in first person... that might just be my weird own way of doing things tho :confused:

12. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Very Cool, Everything seemed to work fine for me, Tim Jones

13. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

Way cool. But I agree with a previous post that there should be an option to invert the scanning. When I slide left I expect the view to trurn right and when I slide up, I expect the view to go down.

14. billjones

billjones

I can look into reversing the directions, I happen to agree that everything moves backwards but that has been the industry standard, if you can say this industry has a standard.

15. Way cool tour.

16. billjones

billjones

Thank you, it has been an education doing it. I have done many churches and cathedrals but this has been something else, to much to close and the interior shots, I would rather do the cockpit of an SR71 at mach three.

17. Welcome aboard :cool: That is way cool.

18. A Boner

A Boner

Cool tour......what's the story on the quick change? Is it a production item.....or could it be?

19. StacieStaci

StacieStaci
    from new york

thats pretty cool,different thanks for posting[​IMG]

20. billjones

billjones

I have done some major changes and a couple of paths have changed, please refresh your browser if you are returning. This is just about it, all of the cars have separate image galleries and all of the cars have a drivers perspective panorama.

enjoy