Register now to get rid of these ads!

Joplin...hamb helping hands weekend getaway/BBQ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ryno, May 23, 2011.

1. ryno

ryno

so i finally made it home, and still have a helpless feeling. thankfully my home and family is all good ( mainly thanks to my awesome wife, whom weather the storm less then a 1 mile away with both our kids and made it home), but many of my friends are not so lucky.

I've had alot of pms asking what they can do to help, and honestly i don't know yet, but i know there's something that has to be done so, with the help from big ken in Dallas and Rudy j in Austin and others i think i have a plan.

lets get some drop off points in both cities, Austin and Dallas or points in between, big ken will fill this out more with guide lines and such.they are asking for mainly toiletries right now, but water is always good, ready to serve foods, baby supplies, etc etc...

big ken and rudy j will be heading up to my house on Thursday pm, with kens suv and hopefully an enclosed trailer ( we may need help locating one for him to drag up, that will be our shuttle for the donated supplies) i have a spot for said trailer to stay at my house so the owner will have no worries. once we get it all up here i will by then have a more solid plan as to where we can drop off the supplies.

we will work all day Friday and sat, with a BBQ at my house sat late afternoon, if you'd like everyone is welcome to stay at my place, if your local your welcome to just come for the BBQ, nothing fancy, just hamburgers, hot dogs and the such.

I'm totally exhausted right now , so some details are missing here, if you have any ideas please speak up.

id also like to do something for socially distorted( who is dealing with a huge loss), when he says what is needed, we'll be on it!

sooo who's down to help?

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What a wonderful idea, you guys rock!

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

What can we send down from other parts of the country? Do you want to set up an address were Priority mail or FedEx can deliver packages?

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What about things like gift cards for places like Target and Walmart?

5. good call. but like like the37kid said, we need an address to send it to.

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  6. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I'll be glad to help. Just give me the word where to meet up with Ken and I'll send whatever I can. Glad your family is ok..

Rick

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

What a wonderful idea! Now we need an address to send them to.

8. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

As Ryno said I will be leaving Austin Thursday morning and meeting up with Big Ken in Dallas. If anyone would like to drop off supplies for me to take let me know. I'm in deep South Austin (Slaughter/ Manchaca area).

Thanks

9. Guys, I'm in Oklahoma City, out near Tinker AFB. Only four hours from Joplin. I have my IH Travelall and an 18' car hauler that I can use to haul water, food, and other supplies on Sunday. Ryno, if you would be willing to assist on your end to help find where the need is and I can deliver to you, or somewhere you know in the area that can help distribute the supplies. If folks can get stuff to OKC, I can haul the rest of the way. PM me for my contact info.

10. ryno

ryno

if you can get it here, we will get it in the hands that need it.

11. ryno

ryno

if your looking to send gift cards please pm hotrodladycrusr
    she has agreed to help me with the pms and she'll hook you up with my address.
    please be sure to include your real name and hamb name in the envelope so i can keep track, we have a really cool idea as to distribute them.

12. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Also I live in a pretty central location right at 635 and I30 Close to East Dallas, Downtown, Garland, Mesquite, etc.. If you guys would like people could drop thier stuff over here until we can meet up with Big Ken, just offering to help where I can. Let me know if theres anyhting I can do!

Rick

13. Lucky3

Lucky3

Well there is two of us in OKC willing to haul to Joplin. Dually and a 36ft enclosed race car hauler. Let me know what I can do ??
    Pm me or call 405 312 2595

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

PM me and I'll reply with Ryno's address to send them to.

15. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Hey ryno if need be ill have room at my shop to store stuff and ill check in with you about helping this weekend

16. bigken

bigken

Hey folks. Thanks to all for the help already. Our plans are to leave Dallas Thursday afternoon/evening, and return to Dallas on Monday.
    I got an enclosed trailer. Have a couple generators lined up, fuel, extension cords, mess of tools, misc.
    If you want to drop something off, call me...............not sure I'm gonna have a lot of time to run around and pick stuff up.......but we can coordinate. 214-762-8590
    Thanks
    Looks like we could probably use a few 'loaner-chainsaws'................

17. Wesley

Wesley

how big of a vehicle will you be taking? That way I have an idea of how much to bring.

18. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I am in Branson, and I said in another thread I have a backhoe that I can bring over for help in cleanup, or I can just bring truck and trailer to help or just me, whatever is needed, just let me know, if I can help in any way let me know. Jim

19. bigken

bigken

Look forward to meeting you Jim.........

20. slammed

slammed

STICKY please.

21. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

The biggest vehicle I have access to is an 02 suburban that a friend said I could use if need be.

Thanks

22. ryno

ryno

23. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

time is short for those of us who would gladly donate to yall. how about via PayPal?

24. Wesley

Wesley

Cool, that gives me a target. I am going to pass the hat here at work.

25. If you need some help (hauling, pickups, transports) from the west, 2 car trailers and a suburban, count me in.

Chris 620-820-9339

26. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Ken you guys can take the Pushrodmobile (excursion) and the 24 foot enclosed trailer for as long as you need it. Call me. We'll put some stuff in it too if you will give me an idea of what is needed.

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  27. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Hey, great idea people! The HAMB at its best!

I work Thursday through Sunday but if you need an extra open trailer and a Generator you welcome to use mine. I am in Tulsa. My Excursion is in the body shop or you could use it as well. PM me if you need any of my stuff? I wish I could help more.

28. sololobo

sololobo

This is awesome H.A.M.B. love. Wish I could come down to help, but have a big project going on here that must be finished. I gave blood yesterday and wish I could do more. Sometimes old geezers just get in the way. ~sololobo~

29. carryallman

carryallman

how about it iowa hambers ?anything we can do ?anybody going that way ? i can give blood ? if it will go there ? any ideas ?

30. i was thinking about getting some donation boxes together -clothes-toiletries and no perishable foods let me know and i will get it going