Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Geo Poteet ..New Truck @ GNRS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Nothing short of "jewelry". George is the man!

2. Maybe a chat with your pal is what he needed?

3. I'm surprised that no one has asked why Troy finished it after Stringer built it.

JH

4. I'm beting deadline. HRP

5. In regards to why George would have something "ugly" built.....

Have any of you ever considered the possibility that he might be at a place where he can just turn a builder loose even if he isn't 100% sold on the design?

It's hard to imagine having everything you want to the point of letting the next one be whatever the builder wants it to be... but maybe George is there.

He could be collecting oil paintings & sculpture. We should all be glad that he is a true hot rodder & is letting some of the nation's best shops (& a few good little shops too) do what they do best.

JH

6. I bet you're right.

Or maybe paint/final assembly facilities. Looks like Stringer is working out of a small shop at home.

Either way, the craftsmanship all the way through is just amazing.

JH

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  7. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Troy's shop painted the truck and Brian Stinger was there every day for assembly, all you have to do is ask not start rumors, but we all know how this board loves drama.

Brian Stinger designed and built the truck, assembled pictures are in his driveway in front of his small two car garage where the truck was built over the last three years.

Troy's paint shop was slow and offered to take the in the work and paint it, and rather than transport it for assembly, they assembled the truck at Troy's.

www.stingershotrodshop.com

Brian is a good guy and is not getting the credit he is due, weather you like it or not. And I am sure I will once again get in trouble for stating the facts and some of my opinion. But I can not let you guys take away what a guy worked so hard for.

Thom

8. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

I like it 'cept for the overly done bed. I would have liked the louvers better had they been painted and highlighted with a simple pinstripe. But the best thing about this hobby is that there is no law requiring everyone to build stuff to suit me, or anyone else. If Mr. Poteet likes it, NOTHING else matters.

9. Koolade

Koolade
    from Illinois

Mr. Poteet is a patron of the Hot Rod art once again. Even if it's not your favorite, nobody can question how amazing the craftsmanship is. Wow..

10. Just Jones

Just Jones

Bling!

11. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Well said, I like the way you think. We should meet some time, I bet we could be good friends!:D

Kidding aside, Thom is exactly right. Brian deserves the credit for his craftsmanship. It was feared by allot of us that when the truck went to troys for paint that the big name shop on the build sheet for any part of the work would over shadow Brians effort in the build.

12. Well said. We can poke at things we don't care for but the skills in the details are over the top.

13. This truck is all about the details. Just don't step too far back. I can definitely pull some great ideas from this, but the overall gets a little lost on me. The craftsmanship and quality is second to none, though.

14. The truck is ..............................interesting.:)

15. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Y'know , when you see the whole truck in its entirety it looks much more sedate. Check out the pic that Dave Lindsay posted and you'll see what I mean.

16. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Got yer back Thom....killer build from a backyard shop, deserves the overall credit for ingenuity, blood, sweat and tears on this one.....hope he gets some future biz from this build---mattr

17. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Like it or not, do yourself a favor.
    Get a beer, and go to Stinger's website, and look at the build photos.
    It's simply outstanding.
    I'm stealing a couple of ideas for the Fordor project.
    I'm just glad there's someone like George who can afford to let him do this kind of work.
    We all benefit in the end.

18. The build pictures of this thing are like a clip art book for cool hotrod ideas.

19. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Yep...photos speak for Stinger himself......btw your 5w is killer!--32csr

20. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

Well said.

I wonder what sort of comment's there would be if the truck was left in bare metal.

21. doctorZ

doctorZ

amazing execution but the overall look is a bit busy for me. i love the leather wrapped quarter eliptics, however.

22. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Wow, a lot of shit being thrown around here. I think I'll just step back outside on this one.

23. BISHOP

BISHOP

Doesn't look fun to own.

24. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

Great workmanship, unusual style, and eye catching. Build quality second to none.

But I still think it looks like it came from south of the border. Put a Brahma Bull on the door and hang a lariat from the windshield and the locals will go crazy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....some love it some don't.

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You have to look at the build photos http://www.stingershotrodshop.com/Adobe Web Gallery/index_miller.html

Especially look at photos 171 through 180 something and you see one great looking truck in primer and unpolished aluminum.

If you can scroll though those 264 photos and not find at least one thing that you can use to improve your build you just aren't looking. I'll probably spend many an hour studying that album and his other albums to look for ways to do things better even if my gnarled old fingers may not be able to do work on that level. The photos will get your brain to functioning.

26. TRuss

TRuss

When I first saw the teaser photo last night I was super stoked on this thing. And I still am. The front half is beautiful, but a polished louver rivet bomb (a PLR) went off on the back half. Which seems to be where everyone is focusing their attention. But as a whole the truck mostly works. The stance is spot on and again the front is very nice. They just went overboard on the back half. I think the old "If louvers and rivets are cool then even more rivets and louvers should be even cooler." got in the way. As a whole piece though this truck is pretty nice. And the engine is amazing. Even in a truck.

27. TRuss

TRuss

Oh. And just because something took great talent and effort to produce doesn't automatically make it nice looking. Art more than anything first requires a good eye and then the skill to produce it. Not so much the other way around.

28. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

What is the source of George's money? He is always paying for these to be built, has to be loaded.

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You can probably Google him and find out more than you ever want to know.
    I don't care as he has given a lot of work to a lot of shops and guys over the years and isn't afraid of sending work to relatively unknown builders with real tallent.

30. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

im jumpin on the band wagon too, great attention to detail, great craftsmanship, but ugly and over done!!! i think somebody already said, money cant buy taste!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.