Register now to get rid of these ads!

Me and by 49 dodge

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Cynical 1, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Cynical 1

Cynical 1

new here from cumming, ga.

i've got a tech thread going, and i introduced myself last week, but i'm doing it again as now i have pics...

anyway - here's the 49 dodge i just picked up. looks like an early 49 as it has the split hood. a little rough, but overall pretty solid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the ongoing debate - anyone make a carb manidold for a viper engine? i may stay FI with some megasquirt if i can't find/fab one up.

but here's the future planned engine.

[​IMG]

and the best thing about all of it? it was FREE - donated car and donated engine. it's great to teach high school... :D

anyway, hello again to all. sure i'll have some questions soon.

2. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Lucky YOU. Free/donated parts. Free workers. No 'child labor' laws. Free shop. AND they pay you to come to work.

Lucky667

3. Vondago

Vondago

Hey Bud,
    I Am A True Mopar Person And Just As A favor Want To Tell You That The Pictured Is NOT A 49 But a 46-48 !!
    The BIG Body Change Did Come In Fourty Nine And Was A Totally New Body.
    Trust Me On This One!! MOPAR TO YA!!!!! Tom:)

4. Cynical 1

Cynical 1

allpar.com says that leftover 48's were sold as early 49's...
    http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/wayfarer.html

"Like the other cars produced by Chrysler for the 1949 model year, Dodge wasn’t ready with its first all-new postwar cars in time for the fall 1948 new car roll-outs; as a result, 1948s were sold through April as “first series” 1949s. "

plus the title says 49.

anyway, not trying to argue, as you may be right...

thanks for the kind words. and yes, it is nice to have freebies every once in a while.