Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Looking for a Station Wagon to build...?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BiggMike, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katula

Katula
    from Austin, TX

hey biggmike.......we have a customer that has a 59 Rambler wagon he is planning on selling this year at the round up. PM me if you are serious and I will give you his phon number.

2. metalman

metalman

Don't know the story on it but I spotted a 58 Dodge 2 dr wagon with for sale signs in a yard (looks to be a closed up junkyard) just north of Kingman Az. just the other day. It would make a wicked wagon for sure.

3. here's a fairly rare 2 door hardtop wagon that is just rusting away in the weeds

Attached Files:

4. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

I think '56 or '57 Ford two-door Ranch Wagons are very cool, and mechanically adaptable to good, affordable hardware.

On the late end of your scale, a '66 Fairlane wagon might be worth a look. They look great after a moderate lowering, have good parts availability, and are useful for.....station wagon stuff. They are four-doors, but handsome nonetheless.

You seemed to indicate a preference for somewhat smaller units, but an early '60s Galaxy station wagon has a ton of potential. Of course, these would be four-doors as well.

5. BiggMike

BiggMike

Were is it and what is it. Not a Stude is it?

Mike

6. BiggMike

BiggMike

I am leaning both ways, big or small. I think I like to many different things. What is going to happen is, its just going to be the time and place, I guess. Im an artist so its going to be hard to choose, maybe do one of each I dont know.

Mike

7. it's a 52 plymouth

Attached Files:

8. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

wagons are the best!

9. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

That is a sweet looking Wagon.

10. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Long ago a friend of mine in Madison Park (Seattle) had a 66 Chevelle 2dr wagon...with a 275hp 327 and a factory 4spd - no console. He offered it to me when he moved back east, but I foolishly decided I needed my money for something else (I think I was buried in a lost cause Formula A project). I have not seen another 2dr 66 Chevelle wagon, and I have no idea how many came stock with a 4spd.

"fenders wuz flappin' the guardrail posts, the guys beside me were white as ghosts" (C Ryan)

dj

11. BiggMike

BiggMike

Any more kool wagon ideas.

Mike

12. Boodlum

Boodlum

Well, Oldsmobile offered the Fiesta wagon in 1957 and 1958
    [​IMG]

13. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

BOTTOM LEFT: I have one of those listed for sale right now...'57 Olds Fiesta wagon, yea it is a 4-door BUT it is a hardtop just like the OZ Buick, and they look good. Sorry shameless plug on my part but she has to go so I can move to Cali. Also looks like that one posted by Boodlum TODAY at 4:43p.m.(well the body lines and general car look like those, Mine actually needs to be RESTIRED) Ken

Sorry it was on his post, and the pics DIDN'T show up BUT if you look straight up THATS the
    | Boodlum picture I am talking about God I am having problems with speed on my comp. or
    | something, 'cause "SOME" pictures are showing up and some aren't?!?!?!?
    |
    |
    |
    V

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  14. BiggMike

BiggMike

That is a cool one. Has really interesting body lines even as a 4 door.

Mike

15. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

what about a Studebaker wagonaire, hard to beat a retractable roof and a wagon to boot
    Imagine this thing flaked and slammed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. 60-64 Chrysler station wagons were hardtops. Mega rare in 60-61 though.

I have a '57 Dodge Coronet Suburban - 2-doors - I wish someone would build. It needs a lot of help but it's different, I've never seen another one.

17. BiggMike

BiggMike

That Stude would be cool to. Anything else fellas?

Mike

18. duffman

duffman

I just sold my 65 Tempest wagon this fall...I miss it. Wagons rule[​IMG]

19. Ramblur

Ramblur

20. BiggMike

BiggMike

Keep them coming guys. Christmas is coming maybe momma will buy me one.....Yeah right.

Mike

21. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I'll try to put a link to a disc brake swap I was doing to mine in Sept.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286367

Maybe that will work.

It is mobile now, and I would part with it.

P.M. if interested, or tell "momma" to P.M., if she wants to keep it on the "double secret Christmas surprise" routine

22. sean72

sean72

Here is a photo of my daily driver. It's a 1965 Buick Sport Wagon, the lesser known version of the Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser. Not many around, body parts are a little hard to find. But, it's basically a Chevelle underneath. So there are many suspension parts available. It's an A body chassis so it's not a big Impala size wagon, it makes it easier to park and drive. I like to drive fast and corner a bit. It has a 383 Chevy, 350 trans and a 12 bolt posi with 3:42 gears. I have disk brakes in the front and larger aftermarket sway bars front and rear. It also has the 3rd seat in the rear so it can seat 8 people. I really think it's a great size and style.

Sean

[​IMG]

23. Ramblur

Ramblur

24. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

I just picked up this '64 Tempest wagon. It's pretty rough, but I'm into it dirt cheap by trading for it, and have tons of parts stashed for it already. I will have to deal with quarter panels though:

[​IMG]

25. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

BTW, those aren't my payments in the driveway...that's the house I got the car at.

26. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

It's a late model, but here's my other wagon I bought from the original owner back in '01

'75 Wagoneer:

Attached Files:

27. boldventure

boldventure

28. seatex

seatex

They actally made those??? BadAss!

29. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Heres my 56 Buick Wagon.

Attached Files:

30. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I'll sell you my '57 Plymouth 2dr wagon. It's a runner / driver, you could fly out and drive it home. It's kind of rough but it is dependable! You could practice your metalworking skills! :D I'd even thrown in a pair of new quarter panels on the deal. ;)

It gets a lot of attention :)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.