Register now to get rid of these ads!

That chopped up A that starts fights...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Byron Crump, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Okay, the car in question is in the background of this pic...its the A that has come up several times on the HAMB...

[​IMG]

This is the guy that owns it now...several people refer to him as "mulletman". I don't know him or anything about him other than he buys cars and sells them. He bought a Cali car that belonged to somebody on the HAMB last year and turned it. His car selling outfit is called GAS MONKEYS or something like that.

[​IMG]

Anyhows, he had the car in the "home built" area of the Goodguys show with a sheet of paper held on with tape attached to the roof. It said the car was purchased unassembled or something like that and that he and his friends built it. Now, I remember the car when it was first on the HAMB and when it was on EBAY...it started a fire storm...that is besides the point for me. What kinda gets me is I think this guys is trying to take credit for building the car and I don't think he did.

Some young guy and a girl were sitting next to it talking to people about it and I won't go into details but the guy was acting all tuff and cool and they were saying stuff that did not ring true on this car.

K&R posted some pics at the Arlington Swap Meet and I think he has other pics and I was wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with this car.

I could swear somebody on hear knows the guy that built it and that he was a younger guy. He may or may not have been in Cali, I really do not remember. In fact, I think he came on the HAMB at one point to talk about the car.

Is he or his buddy still on the HAMB? Can they tell from pics if anything has been changed on the car. I thought it was a running car and was as is when it was sold. If that is the case this guy in Dallas is telling people he and his buddies built it.

I guess it means little in the big world of hot rods, but it bothers me to think someone would do something like that.

Am I wrong about the whole thing...where is the guy who built the car?

Pics of it at the swap meet a few weeks ago are here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=553785&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

2. I think the kid that built it is V8 here on the HAMB. No matter what, Mr Mullett is a fag and shouldnt try and take credit for shit he can back up.

Got an email for Mr Mullet? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Tman, I just looked him up...that is correct.

K&R and I are looking at old pics of it...it sure looks unchanged to me.

4. yngrodder

yngrodder

Looks like the Intake has been changed other than that It looks the same. ( I thought it had 6x2s on it at first.)

5. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

That guy ended up with Drew's, (abomber30), A roadster, the one with the sheetmetal interior,...he had it at the Lonestar Round Up this year, and was tellin' everyone he built it,...until I embarrassed him in front of a bunch of people, and he admitted that all he really did was add the goofy headers he bought on eBay!

6. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Things still got California plates on it! Mighty strange for a car just built in Texas

7. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

It has Texas antique plates on it out at the show.

8. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Well at least the 'car' has been reunited with its family..that thang is UGLY!
    Looks the same to me, apart from the stoopid looking intake.

9. PDX Lefty

PDX Lefty

Assholes like that are all to common. You do all the hard work they take all the credit.

10. Anderson

Anderson

Differences between this picture and it's current state: different intake (to dumb to tune the original I assume), painted it black, and stuck a '32 shell on it.

Attached Files:

11. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Compaired to the new look...

[​IMG]

12. Whether you like the car or not, the kid that built it deserves credit. Not some wanker that schleps shit he bought under the auspices of actually building em.

13. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

And this is what it looked like when it was on EBAY...so someone changed it a bit and this guy has changed it a bit also...but he stated on the paper that it was unassembled or something like that and the kid said they built it that worked for him.

[​IMG]

14. ____

____

i think it was primerd black when it went to new jersey.

what a total shithead,.shame on you mr.mullethead! .i know some fucks like that around here like that. [​IMG] they buy a car from out of the area,then act like theyve been busy building it the whole time.

i think thats really shitty,

15. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

[ QUOTE ]
    It has Texas antique plates on it out at the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cali plates were on at Arlington.

16. Sport N Woode

Sport N Woode
    from Middle TN

We have a ton of used car Nazi's that do the same thing when people come to the shows in Pigeon Forge,TN. They catch somebody rolling into town with a decent deal on an older car, buy it and then write a bunch of shit on the windsheild they made up to make it sound like they've owned the car for a long time and resell it for a huge profit. Some even try to pass off a car they just bought like THEY built it.

I hope there's a special place in HELL for people like this!

17. Oh the ole "Cartoon Coupe"!! oh yes.. Something about them rear wheels and Tires... [​IMG]

18. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

Does painting a firewall Rockabilly Red count as building a car?

19. BELLM

BELLM

I saw the car Friday @ Goodguys, ran up to hit the vendors, it was cruising thru the vendor area. I actually kinda liked the car seeing it in real life. I would have to have a Sealy Posturepedic for the interior if it were mine. That young guy who built it is an extremely talented individual if he built it all himself. Definitely broke the mold.

20. k9racer

k9racer

This guy gives mulletts a bad name. I had the displeasure of meeting him one time you can smell him 20 feet away because of all the s@#t perfume he has on. Sorry as a general rule I dont disrespect but on this one I will.

21. V8

V8

I built it and just finished that T that was on ebay and the only thing I can see changed is the grill, paint and intake. It was all finished and driving when I sold it though but he can take credit because he probably pieced the the entire tripower together all by himself, except for his buddies help.

22. laidoutford

laidoutford

[ QUOTE ]
    Does painting a firewall Rockabilly Red count as building a car?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahaha!!!!! i love that term: "rockabilly red"!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. metalshapes

metalshapes

[ QUOTE ]
    that T

[/ QUOTE ]

You are confusing me...
    What T?

24. All this talk about T and A i'm getting Horny!! [​IMG]

25. Mr. Happy

Mr. Happy

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    that T

[/ QUOTE ]

You are confusing me...
    What T?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing??? [​IMG]

26. BELLM

BELLM

V8 you are a very talented builder who sees outside the box. As long as people keep paying you a good price let them take all the credit they want. This car definitely got you noticed. Anyone who has half a brain can see through these kind of people. We all did. I know you didn't sell it directly to him, but hey, you can make a good living taking their money and laughing all the way to the bank. Keep it up!!

27. metalshapes

metalshapes

Shit, I hope this thing is not going to go 20 pages again.
    Dont see my earyer remark as an attack on you or your car.
    It wasn't...

28. Brickster

Brickster

Here is "that T"
    Just closed on ebay for just over $15,000.00 WOW
    That's about the same a Savage's coupe but it didn't hit the reserve.

Attached Files:

29. V8

V8

no offense taken, thanks you guys, I'm done with those turn buckets, I have finally saved enough cash and parts to build a keeper as soon as I hear from the dude who bought my T(that coupe). Just debating over a roadster or a truck. I thought I wanted a roadster again, but everytime I see a pic of rudy's, and that woodys( I think that's him) 59d truck I get a woody. Those are my two favorite hotrods right now.I have a screen saver of that 59d truck.

30. plan9

plan9

[ QUOTE ]
    no offense taken, thanks you guys, I'm done with those turn buckets, I have finally saved enough cash and parts to build a keeper as soon as I hear from the dude who bought my T(that coupe). Just debating over a roadster or a truck. I thought I wanted a roadster again, but everytime I see a pic of rudy's, and that woodys( I think that's him) 59d truck I get a woody. Those are my two favorite hotrods right now.I have a screen saver of that 59d truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

the afore mentioned trucks are motivators... fo sho.