Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida pictures!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scott Miller, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Great pictures, I can not wait until the Michigan Billetproof, well I cant wait for the snow to be gone also so I guess I am screwed for a little longer.

Jon

2. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Well, ya fooled me. I thought you played pretty well :D LOL It was good to see ya again too. Mike

3. hatch

hatch
    from house

Absolutely fantastic show....congrats to all that helped put it together. Hard to believe it was the first year, I'm counting the days till next year....thanks again!!!

4. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the picks,WOW! I so wished I could of made it,but too much obs at home to take care of.
    Enjoyed looking a lot.

5. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

great pics !!! i hope everybody had fun..i did wow what a show!!:D

6. tommy v

tommy v

any info on this caddy ,it looks like it is from calif ,how long has it been in florida ,any more pic's--[​IMG]

7. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Please dont move the venue!!!

8. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I agree it was a great show - lots of cars, but not too much ground to cover. My brother and I went and managed to make it around at least twice. I met a couple of interesting people and saw some cool as well as er ... different cars. :rolleyes: It was cool to see the HAMB cars I had only seen online in person. I would have tried to find you guys, but I'm not really into stalking people - maybe next year. Hopefully, I'll have my Mercury or Rod on the road by then. Took a bunch of photos too.

9. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Cool pics, thanks for sharing!

10. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

I agree with that interesting cars comment karma. I guess my one complaint about the whole show would be quality control over the entrants... some cars were a little too "named after a fluffy 50's song trailer queens" and there were a few real ratty rats...

just my .02...

11. slammed

slammed

1st year? Man, what a turn out of killer iron.

12. mikef813

mikef813

Ratty rats? thats the best part...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

this post refutes most of what I have read about Floridian hot rods on this forum in the past!

14. Any info or additional pix on the Chevy PU in the background behind the Aztec gold Chevy custom?

Sorry I couldn't post the pic!

15. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

We aren't all uptight old dudes sitting on lawn chairs with an endless amount of money to spend. We build 'em all different ways down here. I like Florida just fine Dammit!:D

16. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Thank you......:D Mike

17. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

thanks for the pictures for all of us that didnt go

18. incogbdog

incogbdog

Here is a link to some of my pictures that I took while I was down there. A lot of them have already been shown in this thread, but there is a lot that have not...

HTML:
    http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/incogbdog/Billetproof%202008/
    The password is: Billetproof

-Brandon

19. mknz

mknz

It was a good day to be from Florida, wasn't it? What a turn out!
    Family, friends, supporters, spectators...for a first year show it was unreal.
    People coming out of the woodwork from all points...can't wait for next year.
    And as far as the size of the venue...yeah, it was full. 490 was the final count Alan told me and there wasn't any more room left for sure. But, there is a field north and south of it and there could be a lot more cars fit in there if you shuffle out the specatator parking to somewhere else...Easily another couple'hunerd if you just locked down the lots around the field.
    We set up a booth and have never had such a good day...really.
    As far as no alcohol at Big Daddy's place, at first I was freaking out, but it turned out alright...we'll just have to setup a post party next year somewhere close.

20. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

huh? there was no alcohol there? You should have come over to the mini-bar in the back of my Caddy. And you thought those huge Green sports bottle had Coke in them, didn't you.

-Charles

21. theracedude

theracedude

THE ONE WITH THE 6X2 CARBS?

22. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

I was thinking the same thing!! I know with a little more planning, 200 more cars could easily fit!! Now that you guys have a good feel for the mass turnout, i know you guys will hit it out of the park next year!! But it was still an excellent job this year!!!

23. Yep, thats the one! I have a '46 and a Man-A-Fre 6x2 intake w/ holley 94s. I'm trying to decide whether or not to run the 6x2 ir a single 4bbl with the Cadi air filter housing. I'd love to be able to discuss his setup with him (there I go, assuming again! Could be a really cool lady owner, for all I know!)

24. 46rat- I don't want to butt in on racedude, but the "him" that owns that truck is my best friend. Tom would be be glad to talk to you about his set up. I know he's more than happy with it, and runs it all over Fla.With out the hood too.I'ts no trailer queen!
    Matter of fact he ran it South to Ft Lauderdale from the show Sat evening in the rain.
    Even managed to stop at a Wing joint to eat. He puts plastic bags over the carbs while it's parked, comes out, and fires it right up!
    Tom's known as Twocan here., but isn't real computer savy. He said to call him.
    I'll p.m. you with his number, Frank.

25. coolerthanethan

coolerthanethan
    from Miami, FL

i saw more than a handfull of cars in there that were in complete contradiction to the show's name and i remember this as one of them. whats going on with that?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. mknz

mknz

Charles...it was pretty swell to see that Cadi of yours in person. Shoulda taken a closer look there, but we were busy as hell with the booth. Almost didn't get a chance to walk around (ie: the whole point to being there).

27. Choptop

Choptop

Well I see a what looks to be a billet master cyl on an otherwise traditional style hot rod.... It could be just chromed, I really cant tell from the picture.

Here is the deal, and this has always been the deal...

The rules state some particular items that in no way shape or form can be of modern billet style manufacture... Wheels, steering wheel, dash inserts... things like that.

The rules also state that there should be no "obvious billet anything" on the car and that is should be of traditional hot rod style.

If someone is going to go around looking for the ONE part on a cars that is billet or plastic or of modern design... guess what? you are going to find them here and there.

The crew at the gate has about 10 seconds to look over a car a say if it can come in or not. If I had 2 hours look at this car I still would have let it in. Overall its a traditionally styled hot rod.

every year, at every Billetproof show there is a car or two that get in for one reason or another with some part on it that is against the rules. It happens.

Is it intentional? No.

Does it mean that EVERYONE with a non-traditional car or with a traditional car with some obvious billet parts on them can get in? No.

Here is why -

Some people blow past the people telling them to leave. I'm not going to ask anyone working the gate to lay down in front of a car. The word usually gets passed on to me and I take care of it. Sometimes I have more important things to do so a car gets to stay in the show that shouldnt be there.

Other times there is a bit of confusion at the gate and cars get in that shouldnt. I know that was the case at this show. We were asked to keep cars from lining up on the street to keep the Marion County Sheriff's Dept. happy. We complied and some cars drove in off the street that should have bee turned away.

Now... having said that... the VAST MAJORITY of the cars at the show fit the rules and truly belonged at the show. I know of 2-3 that didnt... 2 or 3 out of 500? thats a real small percentage and a good show in my books.

the guys at the gate DID turn people away, some got pissed, most took the rejection with class and grace, parked in the spectator lot and came in and enjoyed the show.

everyone gets hung up on the rules. The rules are there to keep the show to a traditional style of hot rod and they've worked pretty well for the last 12 years. Its all about having fun at a car show that features traditionally styled hot rods and customs, not about finding cars that have one part here or there that doesnt belong.

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I like the green grass aspect of the FL show. Needs to be implemented at the Detroit venue.;)

29. Choptop

Choptop

also...

dont confuse "billet" with chrome or polished aluminum.

Remember, the past wasnt in black and white, nor was it dull.

I get a ton of questions like this...

My car is painted, can I bring it to the show?
    I have an aluminum intake, can I bring it to the show?
    I have chrome on my car, can I bring it to the show?

The answer to all of the above is of course a resounding YES!

I will be adding a section to the Billetproof website in a near future to answer these types of quetsions as they take up an increasing amount of time.

30. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

The only thing our show lacked was you. :D Maybe next year. Mike