Register now to get rid of these ads!

Featured Folks Of Interest Active HAMB Members.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26 T Ford RPU, May 10, 2024.

1. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I don't know enough to offer sound advice for most of the questions asked here, but I log in probably twice daily
    just to see if there is anything new of interest. At 70 with health issues I do not expect to start any new projects but
    still am working on my 50 chevy truck, with my 1939 Buick on the back burner. Unfortunately my F-I-L is not doing well so my better half will be inheriting the 60 Lincoln soon also.

Sharpone, Deuces and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  2. gene-koning

gene-koning

Birthdays? I'm not so sure I want to be reminded every year that I'm an old man now, and getting older every year.

I do visit the HAMB nearly every day, and I used to go through the 4-5 pages of new posts that had happened since the last time I was here. As I'm getting older, I find myself stopping by more then once a day.

When Ryan added that off topic section, the time I spend here nearly doubled. I'm more of an off topic kind of guy then I am a HAMB era type of guy, but I like most of the group here and I really like the information that flows freely here.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to see how many alerts I've received since the last time....:D

Sharpone, alanp561, slayer and 7 others like this.
  3. T. Turtle

T. Turtle

Lurked for many years before joining. Check in every few days, it helps to preserve my sanity.

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Present! :)

BTW...
    You check birthdays?
    Well, you sure missed mine this last Wednesday! :(

:D

Sharpone, catdad49, raven and 5 others like this.
  5. Happy belated birthday! :D

6. I got here because I like ham sandwiches. :cool:
    Then I got my big toe stuck in a crack so I'm having a hard time walking away. :confused:
    I'm still trying to figure out what's really going on here. :eek:

7. little red 50

little red 50

I joined in 2008 my computer crashed in 2011 and had to join again. I have never had my birthday show up. btw if I missed anyone's birthday HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's more like it.

LOL

9. If it's on your profile (and yours is) it will show up on the list for that day. JW

Sharpone likes this.
  10. Budget36

Budget36

Regarding active members, mr48Chevy brought up some good points.
    But there’s also the people who join-probably referred to the site- as a question or two and that’s it, they get the info needed never to be seen again.

I’ve only met a few members, that was buying or selling something, but never further interaction.

There are a few members I check on, PM if I haven’t noticed them around for awhile, that I consider “site friends”.
    Heck, my job and hours have pretty much made it useless to even get to Turlock once a year and possibly meet with a member or two.
    By the time I’d be able to get there, may as well park at the college and walk a few miles:)

Sharpone, alanp561, bchctybob and 2 others like this.
  11. I'm still active.....I walk around at work, do a sit up getting out of bed....you know the usual.

12. twenty8

twenty8

Happy birthday Rick.
    Was it the 7th of May?

EDIT: Just checked your profile and see that it is the 8th. My Sandy is the 7th.

Rickybop likes this.
  13. deadbeat

deadbeat

I check in every day, for info on stuff etc. Especially now with the northern hemisphere heading into the warmer months and rod runs happening up there and to read all the great stories from everyone, especially Jnaki cheers

14. jim snow

jim snow

I check every day. Aah, the retired life. lol. Snowman ⛄️

Sharpone, bchctybob, Rand Man and 5 others like this.
  15. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I lurked for years...figured I would join and keep the "Moderators" busy:eek:.

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

For some reason my Birthday never shows up, but I truly enjoy getting a "Happy Birthday" every year from friends. I'd like to thank all the guys that post old photos and always check to see who has the most "Likes" , don't think I ever posted enough to make the top ten.

17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

thanks, we get paid on commission

18. I’m not as regular as I used to be, life’s about the same now so pretty balanced.
    I have had help from a few over the years and hopefully helped a few out myself.
    As for birthdays, they seem to come around a lot faster than they used to!

19. I've been a member for 20 years now. I'd say there hasn't been a week gone by where I haven't checked in. :D

20. 11 years!!!
    I am here most days. Some gabby, some crabby, most silent.

Ben

21. RodStRace

RodStRace

No B day for me, don't celebrate it, don't have it on here.
    I've also received a B day greeting from a hearse forum on April 1! I wanted some info and they were nice, but I didn't go that direction with the collection.

I've been active on a couple other forums, but the other members couldn't keep from going off track and/or had little new interesting stuff to share. When the 45th guy this year comes on and asks what size tire is the best on a half century old commercial vehicle that's been subject to mods for 45 of those years and the comments follow the same tired back and forth, it loses appeal.

Last edited: May 11, 2024
  22. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL Mark. Yeah, we've kinda butted heads over the years but I DO respect the time and effort you put in keeping the HAMB on the up & up.

Consider this my formal apology to all of you "mods"...and I will strive to be a better HAMBer.

Jack

23. I observe & report.
    Interesting folks & places I visit.
    Car collections - museums - swap meets.
    Been here since 2008 - check in every couple
    days or so.

Jim
    Transporting To Travel
    Traveling To Tell
    Stories From The Road

CADC96AF-EBE6-4807-87A7-68EC948B813B.jpeg

Sharpone, alanp561, bchctybob and 5 others like this.
  24. winr

winr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

< reads stuff here usually daily

Ricky.

winduptoy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. raven

raven

22 years and counting...
    r

26. About 18 years now and joined after getting prodded by Bob K for 3-4 years before that. I try to get on here daily and see what's going on around the rodding world.

27. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

I don't remember what brought me here in the first place, probably a link from another forum. I lurked for quite a while, then finally joined, maybe 15 years ago. I drop in on the weekends, I like to start my Saturday mornings with the Friday Art show and a cup of coffee.

Devin

Sharpone, alanp561, bchctybob and 3 others like this.
  28. goldmountain

goldmountain

We are active members when we have activity. People come on here and there is plenty of posts when they are actively working on a project. When the car gets finished or life's issues arise, we back off. That being said, there are many great builds here that are really interesting and get on the backburner that I would love to see again.

Sharpone, alanp561 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  29. I just don't get on the internet as much as I used to thanks to the people you encounter most places. Kinda went nuts posting yesterday though. I check in here on the regular still. 16 year member and counting.

30. Try to get on here every day. Sometimes multiple times per day. For over 23 or 24 years now.

Miss when BobK would PM me on my birthday.