Register now to get rid of these ads!

1973 Dodge Dart Swinger

Discussion in 'Off Topic Hot Rods & Customs' started by Desoto291Hemi, May 11, 2024.

1. I just picked up this little baby yesterday .
    It is in excellent condition,,,,factory paint and interior ,,,,less than 25,000 original miles .
    It drives like a dream,,,,,,and is what I have recently decided to pursue .

Slant six,,,,auto on the column,,,,,bench seat ,,,,,only thing power is power steering .
    It is not perfect,,,,, has a few dings ,,,,,and a couple of places on panel corners ,,,the paint there is worn through from cleaning .
    But it’s rust free,,,,,and is smooth .
    I drove it about 250 miles home,,,,,ran it about 80 mph all the way,,,,90 a couple times .
    It has power left over .

I’m planning on driving it this year ,,,,,then next year,,,,,going to an 8 3/4 rear , with 3:55 gears ,,,to a really good 727,,,,,,and a different engine ,,,a low deck big block .

Either way,,,for now I’m going to enjoy this beauty,,,,just cruise around some and appreciate being alive .

Tommy

20240424_204024.jpeg 20240424_204051.jpeg 20240424_204031.jpeg 20240424_204101.jpeg

Sharpone, WC145, Deuces and 10 others like this.
  2. SS327

SS327

Why a low deck block?

Sharpone likes this.
  3. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Probably because they fit better than RB's.
    Sweet ride. Must be a story behind the mileage?

Sharpone, Deuces and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  4. Yeah you’re right,,,,,the tall deck is wider,,,,,that’s really tight at the shock tower area .
    I could go small block,,,I have those too,,,,,I have all the Mopar engines .

The mileage is from being inside all the time .
    According to the title,,,,this guy only put about 900 miles on it while he had it,,,,,he’s the second owner . We drove it home from Indiana,,,,,,I put about 250 miles on it coming home,,,,lol .

He said that while he owned it,,,it had never been in the rain and he kept it parked in the garage . I believe him,,,,we started home and the wipers didn’t work . The little plastic bushing on the wiper link split in half and landed on the floor board,,,,,lol .
    We put rainex on the windshield and headed on home .
    I ordered all new plastic bushings for the wiper links,,,,,50 year old plastic gets brittle . I want it all back in great shape .

Tommy

5. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

That is a nice looking ride.

6. Balljoint

Balljoint

Score! Man, what a sweet ride! The paint is a good color and the tail stripe is nice as well. So much potential! I was looking for a 68 or 69 Satellite or possibly a Duster before I bought two cars late last year but this Dart would have caught my attention for sure.

Sharpone, Deuces and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  7. Thanks guys,,,I appreciate it !
    I’m old and going through a lot,,,,,I just want to have some fun and enjoy having an old car to run around in .

Tommy

Sharpone, Deuces, 427 sleeper and 2 others like this.
  8. TA DAD

TA DAD
    from NC

Good for you, enjoying your car is the main thing !

Sharpone, Desoto291Hemi and Balljoint like this.
  9. What a nice ride! You can get right to the fun stuff without having to restore a car 1st.

10. Hey us Hoosiers ( what Indiana people are called) want that back.

Sharpone, SS327 and Desoto291Hemi like this.