Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Botched dangerous suspension 34 ford axle/coilovers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4211papas34, Jul 17, 2023.

1. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Statutes are "odd". Law, not so much. OP could've been forced by judge to make a bad choice like that. Reason I made the suggestion(s). OP PM'd me, all is good.
    Marcus...

X-cpe likes this.
  2. 4211papas34

4211papas34
    from chicago

Mr Yonkee offered to make the repairs and before I could even say anything the judge said

The plaintiff is not under the burden to allow you multiple opportunities to fix your failures the fact he gave you a 2nd opportunity is more than was legally required

Mr Yonkees defense was the car is just worn out and everything was installed correctly he also made the statement that I do not have the financial means to restore the vehicle

Therefore I'm just trying to Cobble the car together , The car is just worn out

I never asked to have the car restored because I have no desire to restore the car I personally think the car is cool as hell the way it is

A 1934 Ford with a patina paint job sprayed by Earl Scheib back in the 1960s

With 36 Ford bones and an 8-in rear to me that was the perfect start of a pretty damn cool hot rod

it does not take Oodles of money to get a hot rod running and enjoyable it takes some research competency a bit of skill

Or an honest compitent shop

the gentleman that corrected the paint on the car made the comment

A paint job out the 60s with this patina is so damn cool you know a lot of people pay a lot of money to make their paint look like this

my experience with Mr Yonkee started in October of 2022
    One of the reasons why I have no desire to do a frame off is I think the car is pretty cool the way it is

The other reason is a personal observation of mine over the years has been when cars get blown apart for full Restorations I personally think probably only 25 to 30% of those cars ever see the road again

I am not basing the statement in any fact it's just my personal thoughts and observations

In preparation for my court hearing I drove by traffic jam speed shop there are four or 5 vehicles that were at his shop when I initially met with him in 2022 that are still sitting outside in various states of being butchered

When I looked at those cars I thought that could very well be my car sitting there next to those I am so glad I am done with this circus

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I'm glad to learn it's all behind you and you've gotten closure with the guy. Not that I haven't done sketchy stuff (not knowing any better), but this was obviously negligent.

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

So glad you won, but I sure hope he pays up now! I'm looking forward to seeing the new thread you start as you make the repairs as they should be done. Glad this forum was used to help you point out what was done, and the judge could consider input here too!

SS327 and Budget36 like this.
  5. duecesteve

duecesteve

The thing that kills you is he has the balls to charge someone for work he thinks that's good on a beautiful car he may think it's a shatbox so he can just cobble stuff together and call it a day and and say well it wasn't that great of a car to begin with. He needs to go out of business in my book. To bad you can't find out who owns the other cars to get them out of there before he puts his hands on them. Good luck.

GuyW likes this.