Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1933 1934 FORD REAR FENDERS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sawzall, Mar 29, 2024.

1. sawzall

sawzall

QUICK QUESTION FOR THE GROUP

thinking about 33 - 34 ford cars..

HOW ARE SEDAN / COUPE / wagon/ ROADSTER FENDERS DIFFERENT?

I own a copy of the 33-34 ford body parts guide, however it fails to list part numbers for fenders

I was hoping to find a spotters guide of sorts, but this has eluded me as well.

more importantly my search for a rear fender patch panel ( for the front edge of the rear fender) has turned up nothing..

(35-40 ford patch panels still exist?!)

anyhow.. anyone have a link to the various 33 - 34 ford fender differences ??

or part number listing?

fwiw..
    i HAVE A 33-34 FORD BODY PARTS GUIDE, BUT IT DOES not LIST FENDERS

2. alchemy

alchemy

There’s coupe/roadster, and sedan/pheaton, but not sure where the woody fits. A vicky is a lot like a sedan but has a weird slot on the back edge I think.

The front edge should be interchangeable on all if you aren’t going too high. If the donor is a sedan and you need to patch up a coupe, you might need to add a sliver of steel on the inner mounting edge.

Dave Mc and Rawrench like this.
  3. Squablow

Squablow

The sedan fenders are narrower at the top because the sedan quarter panels bulge out more than the coupe/roadster fenders, but they have the same shape including wheel opening, height, and front to back measurement. It does not appear to be too overly difficult to add some width to a sedan fender to make it fit on a coupe body. At least I hope so, as that's what I need to do.

Dave Mc likes this.
  4. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Both alchemy and Squablow are correct The 34 Vicky rear fenders differ from the 33 on the drivers side.That notch that alchemy refers to is only on the 34 Vicky and Sedan delivery LF rear fender.That notch is for wrench access to remove the gas fill tube collar.Pickups share the same gas tank as Vicky and SD. No rear fender front patch piece TMK was ever produced. 35-40 yes but be careful the wheel opening of 35,36&37 rear fenders are different with 35 being the largest.EMS makes those. UP makes and stocks new 34 rear fenders for coupe and need trimmed for sedans.

5. sawzall

sawzall

this photo shows wagon rear fenders

i was fortunate to have an oppertunity to compare them to a coupe fender yesterday,

The lower rear portion is somewhat wider on the wagon. (where on a coupe the gas tank cover would attach..)

Attached Files:

6. sawzall

sawzall

wagon is wider than coupe?

Attached Files: