Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Is anyone here a customer of Hagerty Insurance?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys36, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Hagerty evidently publishes a car-lovers mag for their customers. I found out that this month they published an article about the Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild contest. And to my huge surprise, they used a picture of 4 of my Guild entries as the cover shot to the article! Like the Cover of the Rolling Stone, I want to buy 5 copies for my mother but I am not a customer. I contacted them with a big sob story asking if I could buy some copies but that went nowhere. If a couple of you guys have a copy you no longer want, I would love to buy them. PM me if so. Thanx.
    Hagerty 2-2024 article 2.jpg

2. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boy, you talked to the wrong person....
    I am a customer but don't get the magazine. I'll ask around and congratulations on being published....

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

beautiful models
    I may be able to get you a copy...

4. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You have to be a member of the Hagerty Driver's Club to get that. It was a good article. Unfortunately, I already gave mine to a friend.

5. 63401nailhead

63401nailhead
    from DE

I’ll send you my copy if you want it. PM me your address.

Stu D Baker likes this.
  6. Let me know what month, and an address.

Ben

7. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

Do you have any Blue eyed groupies to trade?

8. caprockfabshop

caprockfabshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Also shoot me a PM, just removed the appropriate pages from my issue and I can drop them in the mail for you.

9. CME1

CME1

HAGERTY DRIVERS CLUB Issue #84 MAR-APR 2024. I have this issue and you are more then welcome to it if you are still looking for more copies. I just need your mailing address.

10. Thanx. Actually I made 5 models over the years and never won even an honorable mention! Don't know why they chose them for the article and really wonder where they got those views of the cars. They have been photo'd a couple times at Guild reunions but I don't recognize those photos. Here is the one car that isn't in the article. I built them from '62 through '66 and as you can see, Ed Roth twisted my mind in my designs!
    Car 3, 1964, 14 yrs old.jpg

scotty t and down-the-road like this.
  11. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Yes I have 5 cars with them, but they don't do squat for me. Did not know about this, I'll check and see

12. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Before we get into Haggerty bashing, which I'm sure willys36 isn't interested in at this point, I want to say they were more than fair to me when I had a claim with them.

ffr1222k likes this.
  13. Absolutely. Let's keep it clean on Hagerty comments!! I'm sure they are great, been around serving hot rodders since dirt!!

14. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ve got that copy, send me a PM.

15. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

I have issue #84 on my desk, send me a PM with your mailing address and it’s yours.

16. Thanx for all the help guys. I got enuf offers to send copies to all my relatives.

Now I'll wax nostalgic about the Guild. The youngest Guildsman is now well into our 70s. We feel an obligation to preserve the memory of this amazing contest. We have held several 'reunions' and exhibits to publicize it. We are now soliciting Guildsmen to donate their models and ephemera to museums and such for preservation. Otherwise the cars will likely end up as kids floor toys.

GM kept no records but it is estimated over 10 million boys joined the Guild. Of course only a small fraction of them actually entered cars but just being a Guildsman was a prestigious thing and pretty much made a solid GM customer for life.

Taking on the commitment to design and build a model was a big decision. I built 5 cars and that consumed a huge amount of my free time from the age of 12 through 16. A respectable entry took up to 1000 hours over a years time. My entries never won anything but the experience is still one of the most satisfying experiences of my life.

Also during that period of my life I was heavily involved in Boy Scouts and committed to achieving Eagle Scout rank which I achieved at age 17.

Moral of all the above; it pains me greatly that my kids and grandkids have been robbed of the opportunity to be a Guildsman or Eagle Scout and knowing the joy of committing to such a lofty goal and sacrificing to achieve. I may never achieve level 100 (or level 1 for that matter!) in Forge of Empires or Game of Thrones. But I will always be a Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild alumni and an Eagle/Order of the Arrow Boy Scout.

17. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I can’t help you, but do want to thank you for your dedication and skills. True craftsmen in any trade are slowly becoming extinct, being replaced by CAD, AI and other artificial things. One thing they don’t have like the true craftsman is vision. Not everyone will agree with a craftsman’s vision, but most will agree with the inspiration and execution.

mohr hp, willys36 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  18. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I should get one in the mail any day. You can have it.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  19. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Got it...pm me an address and I'll send

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  20. Texas John

Texas John

I read that article in the Hagerty Drivers Club magazine and it also brought back memories. I always wanted to enter the competition when I was in grade school, but never went past the point of inquiring about the rules. I had always wondered what had happened to the annual competition and finally got the answer in the article. Congratulations on completing several of the design models for submission.

willys36 likes this.
  21. Thanx. It was a life experience for sure.

22. can someone send me a magazine, pm me please

and how much is it to join the Hagerty drivers club?

23. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

When I got Driver's Club, many years ago, it was $45 a year. Probably more now, my wife pays that bill :) The magazine is very nice. But, I get it for the enhanced roadside coverage. Guaranteed roll back service and something like ~$700 in onsite repair assistance. You get a key tag with an emergency number for each car. I don't have room for a spare (or just don't have a spare, or jack for that matter), I do have room for a key tag. I have never needed it (knock on wood), it had better work if/when I do. Mike

24. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

It works.. used it many times unfortunately 20220909_122407.jpg

LOST ANGEL and AccurateMike like this.