Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Edelbrock 1406 Idle High Problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joey McGuigan, Mar 28, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey McGuigan

Joey McGuigan

Hey there. New here and need some help from some of you that re smarter than me, with the 1406 Edelbrock's I replaced not able to idle down. There are definitely no air leaks, I triple checked. The carbs sit on risers that are true and flat, new fel-pro gaskets. I also checked the secondaries, and they are closed on both and do not interfere with the riser in any way. It is not the high idle either. Once it's warmed up and comes off choke the screw does not touch. I will use my vacuum tester tomorrow to check the advance on the distributor, but the old 1406's could be idled down no problem. I have the air/fuel adjustments at1-1-1/8th turns out to starve it at idle to get the RPM's down to a 1000. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Joey
    You should delete this (duplicate) thread and just continue posting on your original thread.
    By the way, welcome to the HAMB.

lothiandon1940 and mad mikey like this.
  3. skooch

skooch

Is your linkage too tight?

4. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you try the old carb's? Maybe it's the manifold causing the problem.

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

duplicate post closed

Deuces likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.