Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Piero of Mad Fab Needs Our Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

piero.jpg

You remember Piero, right? The mad genius behind the Mad Fabricators Society, a venture that thrives on passion, though the coffers never overflow... Yet, it tickles the fancies of thousands, a testament to Piero's irreverent spirit. He's the kind of fellow who could make a stone crack a smile, a true comrade in our ranks.

But alas, the fates dealt a cruel hand. Piero was struck down by a heart attack just days ago, a harrowing ordeal that led him to the operating table for a quintuple bypass. It's the sort of trial that would buckle most, but not our Piero. The man's got more grit than a desert storm... Yet, he can't go it alone.

Lucky took the initiative to set up a Go Fund Me page. It's not something we're accustomed to, but for Piero, we'll move mountains. Every dime, every gesture of solidarity counts. Let's rally... Piero deserves it.

Here's the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/piero-de...on_id=sl:29cec791-c6dc-489b-b847-c4c2d8680b1d

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Piero is such a great dude and has done immense work in the rebirth of traditional hotrods over the last few decades. How many of us haven't binge watched his work coming out the other end excited to get to work.

from mad fab videos to the Midwest fabrication show with Bob Bleed it always gets me smiling and excited about hotrods.

praying for your recovery and grateful your still around man.

3. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just donated. Gotta look out for a brother like Piero.

chryslerfan55, Sharpone and hrm2k like this.
  4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’m not sure how all the you tube money thing works. We just saw Steve Magnanti’s channel get a lot of views with guest hosts to help Steve financially. Mad Fabricators TV is on you tube with a lot of neat videos. If it helps money wise, it is cheap and easy to help in another way.
    https://youtube.com/@MADFABRICATORSTV?si=u9Vgmdi2LqPLxh8i

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

@hrm2k if you go that route don’t skip the adds that’s what’s generating the money if any.

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had already put some cash on the gofundme page. I was thinking there must be another way to help him out. I’ve been subscribed to MFS TV for years. I know the ad money is what makes it go and it is all based on activity and subscribers. The power of the HAMB to add a bunch of views and subscriptions certainly can’t hurt

7. I have a YouTube channel that is monetized. To give you an idea I have about 2-500 views on my lowest videos and 11k on my most watched with an average high viewership of 2k. I have earned about $100 since OCTOBER. Long story short, if you want to help the guy, just donate to the go-fund-me.

8. Piero is a good friend of mine, as is Lucky, and this is devastating on multiple fronts as Piero is also part of Lucky Bonneville team, so we all need to donate and watch MadFab on YouTube as much as we can. Host a shop night viewing of MadFab so the view counts go up.

@Ryan can you pin this to the top for a little while?

chryslerfan55, Dan Hay and Sharpone like this.
  9. Well that sucks, and I speak from experience, it's been a bit more than 16 years since my heart attack. I said at the time, if I'd known how good I would feel after I was healed up I would have had one years ago. Hopefully Piero comes through this in good shape and keeps rolling forward for a lot of years to come. All the best to him.

chryslerfan55 and Sharpone like this.
  10. RodStRace

RodStRace

That sucks! I recently shared one of his videos on Ukrop's build.

J.Ukrop, 41 GMC K-18 and Sharpone like this.
  11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I was just adding because I also try to support threw watching videos and had always been curious if it was just clicks, time viewed, adds viewed that made a difference and turns out it all counts so I’ve tried to stop skipping the adds.

it is a good idea because every dollar counts so not skipping the add can maximize what money may be being made there.

12. RodStRace

RodStRace

I agree that funneling money directly is much more useful than watching YT and having pennies trickle in. However, if you want to see the guy and his work, here's his channel. This is who needs our help.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/MADFABRICATORSTV/videos

13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Done.
    Sucks!
    Get well @Evel !

Sharpone likes this.
  14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Dang. Here's to getting better real quick!!

hrm2k and Sharpone like this.
  15. CGkidd

CGkidd

I donated to the go fund me . I don’t know how many times I have watched his videos. Here is to a speedy recovery.

Tim and hrm2k like this.
  16. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

17. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Awesome guy and very talented very sorry to hear this and prayers to you buddy and sending some funds as well.

hrm2k likes this.
  18. STEP UP!!! HELP OUT A GUY WHO LOVES WHAT WE DO AND FILMS IT FOR OTHERS TO ENJOY!
    Mad Fabricators
    Car That Ate My Brain
    Road To Bonneville
    Live Wire

And many other videos on YouTube that shows his passion for Hotrods.
    Love you Piero....hang in there!!!
    Any amount helps....

19. officerfalfa

officerfalfa

So sorry to hear this news. I have been enjoying the build videos of his clone of Tweedy Pie. Everyone should check them out. Piero does an excellent job of editing his videos and they are loaded with some great history of the original Tweedy Pie and the great lengths he is going to build an accurate clone.

20. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

20 something years ago, Evel let the monsters out. I hope they stay out for a good while longer.

21. Paul

Paul
    Editor

just donated, thanks for the link Ryan
    before YouTube was a real thing I would buy duplicates of all the Mad Fabricators DVDs,
    one to watch and one to have for when that one wore out
    I have a MFS T shirt that only comes out for special occasions
    his stuff is that good
    get well soon man, hoodlums world wide need you

PXL_20240329_031512320~2.jpg

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Just sent for my Buddy Piero we have been friends for many years I am sad for what has happened and also very greatful that God has kept one of the biggest hearts on the planet beating.
    Love you Piero, Mark and Kelly Skipper.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
  23. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

This was a scary thing and he's pretty much the best dude ever. Thank you all for stepping up and showing love!

IMG_7280.jpeg

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

The HAMB always comes through. Let's help hit and pass the goal.

$ sent.

Get better, Piero.

chryslerfan55 and hrm2k like this.
  25. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I have MFS running on 3 different computers at work today.

Tim_with_a_T, chryslerfan55 and hrm2k like this.
  27. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

I can't imagine going through what Piero is going through, but I sure am glad to be a part of this community and witness the outpouring of love and support for him. What an inspiring and uplifting group of people.

chryslerfan55, hrm2k and Paul like this.
  28. Man, hate to hear this. That's a tough one for sure! Still watch the MFS dvd's and enjoy every minute, inspiration for sure! All of Piero's work is always well worth the time to watch, learn, and enjoy hot rods. Hang in there man!!

chryslerfan55 and hrm2k like this.
  29. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good looking out...