Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How about some love for the T-Bucket?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 9, 2021.

1. here's some refernce numbers. fwiw i recall the body i have as being near spot on with the original numbers... i'll have to pull the notes out now i'm curious.

Attached Files:

2. RodStRace

RodStRace

Spirit's chassis, which also uses the modern side steer box.
    rolling_chassis.270.jpg

3. RodStRace

RodStRace

@Snicklefritz65 that one is interesting due to the OE style extension at the back.
    There must be many, many different molds out there. The dash is the most visual change, with the flat, the rounded tunnel, the drop down center, and just a flange.
    Have you seen that extension and upper lip before? The ad body is also only half channeled. Interesting.

bchctybob and Snicklefritz65 like this.
  4. there were a few companies who at one time or another had bodies with the rear filler/extension piece; it kinda dates this body for sure. plus, i've seen that flat dash on a couple of bodies in old adverts.

Attached Files:

5. RodStRace

RodStRace

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
  6. lake_harley

lake_harley

Snicklefritz65....Looks like an old business card, but is he still in business and making bodies? It appears the rear portion of the body behind the door area has the "extra" lip that's not seen on most '23 'glass bodies. Is that original to a real steel '23?

Lynn

7. duecesteve

duecesteve

Nice thanx my niece and her fiance live in Sparks Nevada he sends me possible toys all the time. Soon as we move I'm getting a 2 car so ill be having a new toy.And he'll be eyes and ears for something.

RodStRace likes this.
  8. as far as i know he still is. he sells stuff on ebay. mostly harley hard bags and various scoops and model t radiator shells. might be on facebook too. i think i met him through another forum.

that lip in the rear was a filler piece on the originalt whether it be a turtle deck or pick up. not all but several 'glass bodies had them in the early days.

here's a steel body and bed. note (what i call a) filler piece. also, a magoo-built car from the mid-60s with that detail. 254429.jpg Built by Magoo in the mid 60s.jpg

9. duecesteve

duecesteve

Yeah they do

10. swifty

swifty

Don Spinney RIP of Boxboro, Mass with the T which he built. Was later owned and credited to Fred Steele and was called the Lunchbox T. Pic taken out front of the barn at the Steele family residence in Boxboro. I drove that car when we were staying with Fred in 1966 and I think it still lives in that local area.

bchctybob, Deuces, deadbeat and 3 others like this.
  11. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

12. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

13. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

14. swifty

swifty

That's it in Sunny California @40ragtopdown IIRC Fred drove that car from Boxboro to LA when he was a member of the LA Roadsters then took a trip to Tijuana for a trim job. Fred was frugal and the TJ trim job suited him perfectly LOL

deadbeat and 40ragtopdown like this.
  15. duecesteve

duecesteve

Snicklefritz65 likes this.
  16. duecesteve

duecesteve

Have any of you guys built a C- cab "T" panel rod? Like the monogram "Paddy wagon"? They are cool and have a little more room .

Snicklefritz65 and Deuces like this.
  17. Paul

Paul
    Editor

18. Cooon, High test 63, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  19. i don't know if this a breach of decorum or whatever and i can delete this of course but i thought i'd spread the word that piero de luca had a major heart attack. you may know him from 'the mad fabricator's society' and builder of a super dedicated replica of tweedy pie. lucky burton of lucky's hot rod shop announced it on farcebook today and there's a gofundme set up as piero is self-employed and now facing major bills on top of a battle of his life. i don't want to post any links for anything as i don't wanna piss anyone off but if you reach out to lucky via his business or do a search you might have some luck. prayers and positive vibes i'm sure can't hurt.

piero de luca.jpg pieros feb 2023.jpg

Cooon, bchctybob, Deuces and 12 others like this.
  20. RodStRace

RodStRace

21. Fred Steele's T Bucket...later immortalized on the "Ventures" record album cover

22. A Boner, gotmark73, bchctybob and 7 others like this.
  23. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

Looks like he's grabbing her boob.

deadbeat, Deuces and loudbang like this.
  24. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

I always thought the song was "Outer Limits", not "Out of Limits".

25. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

When I was growing up in the Detroit area that was called “Coping a feel”

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  26. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

"Cuddle Boobie"

Deuces likes this.
  27. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

28. redo32