Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1937 Buick Front Suspension Upgrade Article. Anyone have it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chstitans42, Mar 26, 2024.

1. chstitans42

chstitans42

Been doing some preliminary research on getting work going on my 1937 Buick. I have combed through all the threads I can find on the topic and keep getting directed to another web page called the crankshaft coalition. (See link below)

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/wiki/1937-1957_Buick_Oldsmobile_Pontiac_suspension_upgrade

For some reason I cannot get this website to work. Seems like it hasn't been updated in a number of years. Does anyone still have the info that is included in this article?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. The basic information is this- bottom a-arms are 1958 Pontiac (good luck in finding them-been looking for 2 years). Top a-arms are 1958 Pontiac or Oldsmobile, mounted with a piece of angle iron to 5 degrees caster. Dropped spindles for an early 60s Impala. Have to bend the steering arms to match the drag link. I will try to find the article (I contributed an update to it) and post it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  3. chstitans42

chstitans42

Thanks! I would like to see pictures if there are any to be had

4. Crankshaft Coalition has changed their website and I too am not able to access it currently. I do not have any pictures from the article. I explored this option but decided on dropped OEM style spindles from FatMan, who recently stopped making them. PM me for more options and info on the article.

5. There is a thread from Oct. 2007 titled "tech-37-57-bop-suspension-brake-upgrade" by oldguy829 that has a lot of the article pictures.

6. I know you are asking about something different so I don’t want to be that guy but on a car with a wide front end like that one a Camaro clip would work well.

7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    firstinsteele and pprather like this.
  8. ^^^^ Thanks Mark. The OP has not been on here since 2012.

Moriarity likes this.
  9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

oops, edited, thanks