Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage club plate question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joliet Jake, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

This club plate was my father's and has been handed down to me, I also have his club shirt. My best guess is that it was from 1950-1951. I would like to get it reproduced so I can run it on my latest project, I don't dare run the original for fear of theft or damage. Anyone here on the HAMB interested in making one? It may be hard to tell, but it's navy blue with white graphics, it appears that the graphics were also reflective. I hope someday to donate it and the shirt to a museum that collects this stuff and would display it. IMG_6241.jpg

2. oldolds

oldolds

I would think any place that wraps a vehicle could help you out. Even a local sign guy. They could scan that plate and clean it up or leave the patina on it. There are guys on here that could do it as well

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  3. Jeriffic

Jeriffic
    from Chi-Town

4. Toms Dogs likes this.
  5. I think Dennis does cast plaques, that looks to be tin similar to a license plate.

Mick

OG lil E and Fordors like this.
  6. It appears to be a metal plate rather than a normal cast aluminum club plaque like Dennis makes.

The blank metal license plates are inexpensive and you could have a local sign painter to reproduce the image. HRP

7. Yes, I missed that he said plate not plaque.

8. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

He could also use this generic one that Dennis has a pattern for ...

07127.jpg

9. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

Thanks for the replies, I'm not looking for cast or vinyl. I would think that there would be a skilled pin striper that could make fast work of it. Someone like Hot Rod Jen maybe.

10. alchemy

alchemy

That was screen printed, and probably had the reflective “dust” dropped onto the wet paint when they lifted the screen. With the popularity of vinyl signage you might be hard pressed to find a screen printer that does signs still. Plenty doing shirts. Maybe you could convince a local shirt guy to do one for you, but you’d probably have to pony up for the ink as it’s not what he’d use on cloth. And if you have any buddies in the local DOT office, they could probably snag you a cup of reflective dust as it’s pretty much the same thing they use on road stripes.

Then experiment on scraps before you do your final plate.