Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My "You didn't build that" 27 T Roadster build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddio211, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's 2min.46sec. im not getting back.:(:rolleyes: JW

daddio211 likes this.
  2. daddio211

daddio211

I liked this part the best....
    1452393679522.jpg

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Time spent watching classic bugs bunny and other Looney toons is never wasted :D

4. Any updates Eric??:) JW

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. daddio211

daddio211

I've got nothing. Tomorrow maybe.

26 T Ford RPU, volvobrynk and mctim64 like this.
  6. Yer such a tease...... o_O

daddio211 and volvobrynk like this.
  7. daddio211

daddio211

Okay, so I feel terrible that I haven't been up to Bob's in forever. Work has kept me ridiculously busy and coyote hunting kind of took the place of my little amount of spare time on weekends. Bob has had plenty going on too and has spent little time in the shop.

A few days ago he sent me these two pics of the shortened headlight stands. Originally they were just too tall with the '32 headlights so I asked him to take 2" out of them. I think they look just right now.

1455239423503.jpg

1455239437123.jpg

I ran up there yesterday for about 30 minutes so we could plan. This Saturday I hope to get up there and get moving again.

Bob sent this today.

1455239522754.jpg

Soooooo.... yeah. Progress is slow but it is progress. Both windshield posts have been shortened now. Stereo speakers are mounted under the dash and out of sight. Other stuff is done too, but you know how this stage goes. Everything kind of comes together quickly but it doesn't look like much from afar.

More updates soon!

8. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Any details on the speakers? I'm in the planning stages of the same thing.

9. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Any details on the speakers? I'm in the planning stages of the same thing.

10. daddio211

daddio211

Tim_with_a_T and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Hey Eric, (and Tim) the only music that will be in my RPU will be what comes out of the pipes through the porters supplied by the Tim McMaster built Y Block :cool: :D
    Anyone who wants more than that can carry a pair of ear buds plugged into whatever electronic device they choose :D:D

whiplash1923T, brad2v and daddio211 like this.
  12. Well get with it man! We're anxious for you...

daddio211 likes this.
  13. I really like the headlight location (very similar to mine) and I was wondering how you could listen to music in a T roadster, but after driving mine I found we can have a conversation without shouting even at 60 mph plus.
    Looking forward to your next update.:cool::cool::D JW

daddio211 and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  14. daddio211

daddio211

I love music, and after getting my first real hot rod on the road almost 10 years ago I figured, "Who needs music? I've got a 375 horse 327 to listen to!" Never really missed or needed music in that car, but then again I don't know that I could have heard it with those gutted 16" glass packs dumping in front of the axle!

Victoria and I also put a lot of miles on my friend Bernie's '32 roadster. Bernie is a bigger music nut than me and put a rockin' stereo in his car including a subwoofer. Yes, you can hear it really well at 80.

Although I'm fine without music it sure makes long trips nice to jam out to your favorite tunes. And Victoria loves jamming out. So I figured a completely weatherproof system designed for a road bike just might fill that request. Hell, you can hear those guys at 80 and you know they can hear it too, so why not?

So she can throw her iPhone on the seat and blast the tunes while she blasts to the store or down the highway. :cool:

15. Totally cool.....but I have to ask (as a muso) what tunes do you like to jam to ? :cool:JW

16. daddio211

daddio211

Victoria is all about country, 80's rock and 50's through early 60's rock and roll.

I'll listen to about anything, but prefer 80's rock, early rockabilly and some of the newer psychobilly stuff.

t-rod and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  17. I can dig that. :cool::D JW

daddio211 likes this.
  18. daddio211

daddio211

Wife's been super sick with a bad migraine the past few days, so I stayed home this morning to take care of her. Ran up to Bob's for about 2 minutes to drop off the windshield frame and snap a few pictures. Nothing more, sorry.

1455418128795.jpg

1455418197924.jpg

Jeremy, here are the speakers mounted. I'll reposition them for the best audio after the upholstery is in.

1455418214786.jpg

19. They are cool and so small, it amazes me where technology has gone. We took our T out to the Drags today (90*f) and said to Mandy ''what would Eric think of this if he was sitting in for the ride''. Sure am looking forward to comparing them both.
    Oh whats with the fried egg on the front of the motor above??. All looking good and hope Victoria feels better real soon.:cool::cool::D JW

Stogy and daddio211 like this.
  20. daddio211

daddio211

Well let's HOPE the speakers sound good. I've had pretty good luck with Pyle in years past.

Man, I would have loved to be along for the ride! A beautiful 72° here today! We'll have a good time in August!

Ha ha ha! That fried egg is a dust mask. The yellow part is a carbon filter. Yokes on you!

21. August............OH YEAH!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:JW

daddio211 likes this.
  22. I'm with you Eric about the sound system as to I would rather listen to my 350 sucking air through the three stacks on top of the carbies then drowned out music on a inboard stereo.In saying that though I have spotify app on my phone with all my favourite music that I can listen to on the big trips.
    What sort of exhaust system are you using on your T Jeremy and does it exit out the rear ?
    Victoria's Roadster is coming along real fine and have to agree again about the lower position of the headlights, nailed it perfectly.

daddio211 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  23. Its all 2'' and it does exit the rear Marc. :DJW

daddio211 likes this.
  24. birdog

birdog
    from Monroe, UT

Didn't know you had a thread excited to see this thing come together!

daddio211 likes this.
  25. daddio211

daddio211

I don't Kev, this is someone else's! ;)

Come a long ways since you saw it, huh? Come back down and hang out with us.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. birdog

birdog
    from Monroe, UT

Sounds good
    Sounds good to me we almost came last weekend. Maybe soon

daddio211 likes this.
  27. daddio211

daddio211

Just gimme a shout.

28. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

Good morning Eric. I am liking this the more is see it. It also looks like you used the same front split wish bones as I did. 46-48? They clear the steering nicely plus they are the strongest of all the ones made. Keep moving along. Looking good.

daddio211 and JOYFLEA like this.
  29. I bet there are some updates coming soon......? :cool::cool::D JW

volvobrynk likes this.
  30. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.