Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1928 Model A Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Schwanke Engines, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

Well, after a year of gathering parts and driving the car stock I am finally ready to get rolling on this. Plan is to have it at BTT50's this year. I put one of our new insert bearing Banger engines in the car so I could drive it this summer, put about 50 miles on it, we were swamped with customer work. I have the 53 Stroker Flathead nearly a short block, I have a new frame from JW Rod Garage, it looks excellent. Have all my suspension parts lined up 4" Drop axle for the front, Split 37 Bones, Posies reverse eye spring, Vega Box. I have a new set of Coil Overs and 4 Link for the rear and an 8" Ford rear end. I have changed a few things as far as engine and trans go. I have scrapped the EFI setup for now, I just want to drive this thing and don't have time to develop it right now, going with a Dual 94 setup, Have decided to go with an AOD trans, and scrap the T5 setup in favor of a more cruiser friendly setup. So I will get some pics of a few things going and get some more updates as I make progress. Chassis will be going to gether next week. And hopefully I can get the engine wrapped up by the end of the month.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. brady1929

brady1929

3. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

Here are a couple shots of the completed short block assembly.
    286 Stroker Specs:
    53 Ford 8BA Block
    Ross Forged 2618 3-3/8" Piston
    Merc 4" Stroke Crank ground -.020/-.010
    Factory 8BA Rods with ARP Nuts
    ARP Main Bolts
    Isky Max-1 Camshaft
    Chevy Valves
    Isky springs.

Should be a nice setup. Block sonic tested at .150 on each cylinder so have plenty of meat left. One cylinder is slightly thicker, I found a crack after I finished machining the entire block and didn't want to start over so had to sleeve and fix the crack the rest of the wau into the intake runner with the twist lock crack fix system.

Please forgive my dumb numbering not a ford guy and kept getting my cylinder numbers mixed up. Now I just have to finish fixing up my Old Edelbrock Script Aluminum heads, rebuild my 94 carbs, install the Intake and rebuild the Distributor and should be ready to bolt up the AOD for Mockup.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

After 2 years of collecting parts I finally have all the prices to get my hot rod going together. Got my rear end tonight.

Frankland qc with so cal ladder bars.
    1470961737367.jpg 1470961743386.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Dean Lowe and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

Now I can assemble the chassis into a roller and swap the body over

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Tim likes this.