Register now to get rid of these ads!

30s PONTIAC 6 Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loc8tor, Sep 13, 2010.

1. vette59jdwl

vette59jdwl

If you are surely interested in a Pontiac roadster I just happen to know where there is one just sitting around doing notherg where are you located [email protected]

2. You do know this thread is four years old, right?

3. Vette59 I emailed you thanks

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Im in York springs Pennsylvania

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Gary Carty

Gary Carty

I would like to join you out there with my '29 Pontiac Cabriolet that has been street rodded (LS1 w/Edelbrock convert to carb, Tremec 6 speed manual, and to pretty it up '31 Pontiac grille). If you're ever in San Diego...

6. Gary post some pics. I'd like to see that Pontiac.

7. Gary Carty

Gary Carty

P1040053.JPG P1050241.JPG P1040789.JPG T. Your thirties convertable is to die for! Here are three pics of my "work in progress". Thanks for your response.
    Gary

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    kiwijeff and TFoch like this.
  8. Wow! Blast from the past thread! Gary, now I know a 31 grille will fit a 29/30-cool rod! I guess I missed out on the Pontiac roadster in Canada. But I probably got my hands full already. After a too-long break from really doing any serious building (other than helping my buddies work on their projects) I am waist deep in my newest project.

I am currently building a different Pontiac Cabriolet, but it's a little newer (and bigger-needed some family room). I am currently building a 1957 Star Chief convertible. Body's off and have frame and suspension blasted and painted with all new springs, suspension rebuild kits, front disc brakes. Am now beginning the build of a stroked 348 Chevy W motor for it and will then begin the extensive body work. Here's a 'motivational' pic and a couple before teardown pics . Black car isn't mine, and not the colors/wheels I'm going with-just wanted to give everyone an idea of what a completed one looks like. I'll try to get some pics of the chassis and post soon-it's looking sweet.

I do still have the 31 Pontiac cabriolet project (and the 30 Phaeton, 31 two door, 30 sedan, 31 coupe, and 30 coupe). Hope I live a long time.

1957 Pontiac Convertible black.jpg 20150717_150729.jpg Pass side.jpg

kiwijeff and TFoch like this.
  9. Gary Carty

Gary Carty

That 57 Star Chief will look awesome. I will look for updates to see it's progression. My 29 is currently in the shop getting a top made from scratch (the top irons and bows were stolen before I got the car). This makes me very nervous (monkeemobile). Good luck with your Pontiac project and living long.